Carcass is a damn good band

• Thread starter Sunlit Omega
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
alking about this mortal coil(my favorite track from carcass together with incarnated solvent abuse.) i did a cover.

theres Carcariass thats similar to carcass and aborted too

Never knew you were on here. I commented on how good your tone and playing was on your terrorizer video a while back. Good stuff.

Chiba666

Reaction score
Gotta love Heartwork one of my Fav Death Metal albums of all time.

If you guys get the chance the 2 disk re-issue is really good, it has the orig album, interivews with the band on the album that dosnt really hold back on what Michael did or didnt do with regards to guitar work.

The icing on the cake is the Par street sessions which is the same songs but with rougher production and seems to be the bands prefered mix.

K3V1N SHR3DZ

Reaction score
Saw them in 2009 with Psycroptic and Suicide Silence.
Honestly, Psycroptic stole the show. Suicide Silence was, of course, garbage.
Carcass were pretty good, but the sound was atrocious. Left halfway through, 'cause that's not how I want to remember Carcass! Heartwork and Necroticism just owned my early 20s and they inspired me to learn melodies, and actually use the 7 string to make MUSIC.

Also, the 2008 Remaster of Heartwork is terrible. They ruined those warm guitar tones and mastered it too hot.

Sunlit Omega

Chaos Engineer
Contributor
Reaction score
I only own the remaster so I'll have to track down the original to compare. I'm not terribly surprised it was mastered too hot, I try my best to tune out how something was mastered these days cause it's all the same: Brickwalled :wallbash:

Santuzzo

Reaction score
I'd be very surprised if you didn't love the album. It's definitely on my own top 5 list of absolutely essential death metal albums.

Hey, man ! I got the CD a few days ago, listened to it already several times, and I LOVE IT! AWESOME, AWESOME stuff!

Thanks again for this thread which led me to get that album! :yesway:

My next question would be: what other Carcass albums should I get?

Reaction score
Hey, man ! I got the CD a few days ago, listened to it already several times, and I LOVE IT! AWESOME, AWESOME stuff!

Definitely check out Necroticism.

-42-

Nothing to see here
Reaction score
Well, if you want more of the melo-death stylings then I suggest you get their more recent offerings.

If you're a grind fan like myself then their first three albums are essential.

Stealth7

Reaction score
Well, if you want more of the melo-death stylings then I suggest you get their more recent offerings.

If you're a grind fan like myself then their first three albums are essential.

More recent offerings? Carcass haven't released an album since 1996. :scratch:

Sunlit Omega

Chaos Engineer
Contributor
Reaction score

That's good to hear, I'm glad that you love it so much! I had a feeling you would :cool: I agree with what's been said. Necrotism is a great album, Swan Song was definitely a little weaker than Heartwork but it was still a good album none the less and; their first three albums are bone crushingly brutal. :metal:

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, Carcass is amazing. I was exposed to them when Necroticism had just come out. It floored me because I had never heard anything like that. In those days, most metalheads were fans of record labels because an indie label like that catered to a specific style. In this case, it was Earache & I generally dug every band on their roster.
Necroticism was heavy as hell. Crazy lyrics, the weirdest chord choices & tuned uber low for that time. It was one of those albums that made me start tuning my 6-string down to B, which eventually led me to the 7-string guitar (I wanted my high E string back).

I did get to see Carcass live on the Heartwork tour in a small venue. It was every bit as awesome as you could imagine.

But yeah, I like every album they've released for different reasons. Early stuff for grind, mid career for brutal & melodic & even Swansong for the hooks. Although the band has shifted styles from time to time, they always have had a defining sound & great sense of GROOVE, which is often lost on a majority of bands today that want to do everything uber extreme. They are a truly great band & I'm glad they came back a few years ago.

wakjob

Reaction score
Has anyone here ever gotten to see Carcass live? I bet that it would have been a fucking amazing show.

Yep! Saw them twice in the same week in 92'. :shred:

The Campaign for Musical Destruction tour:

Brutal Truth
Cathedral
Carcass
Napalm Death

As far as new bands doing the "Carcass" thing...

Golem 'Eternity: The Weeping Horizons'

Never a Necro when it comes to Carcass!

')