Carcass is a damn good band

• Thread starter Sunlit Omega
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DarkWolfXV

Excised n anatomised
Reaction score
I love all their stuff, my favorite band along with Cryptopsy. Most favorite is Necroticism, can listen to Corporeal Jigsore Quandary on loop forever. They got me into death metal, one of first death metal bands i ever listened too, and still are fresh and brutal.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
I sat down recently in an attempt to learn the song Heartwork. Holy crap that takes skill to play!
I'll do my best to make sure I get things down right, but I'm in for a challenge for sure. :lol:

I love anything by Carcass. They're one of those groups that do no wrong in my eyes. :yesway:

Reaction score
Can I just say the "Pre Heartwork Parr Street Demos February 1993" are fuckin awesome?? Well I just did, and there isn't a goddamn person on this board who could've stopped me.

Sunlit Omega

Chaos Engineer
Contributor
Reaction score
Giving this thread a bump since surgical steel came out this week. Who's listened to it yet? I think it's such a good album, they really blended old school influence from their grind years and the melodic tendancies of Heartwork so well. Could be album of the year for me personally.

TheHandOfStone

E♭M7(♭5)
Reaction score
I have it on now. Exactly what I expected, and I'm not the least bit upset about that. One of the best comebacks I've heard in metal. :metal:

Leveebreaks

Dooooooooom
Reaction score
As I've said in other threads, it's a stunner. Even after 17 years they make everyone else look stupid. In all honesty I think they've got even better too, which is quite scary.

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
As I've said in other threads, it's a stunner. Even after 17 years they make everyone else look stupid. In all honesty I think they've got even better too, which is quite scary.

Pretty much this.

Jeff's vocals haven't aged a day. He still sounds amazing and one of the most unique voices in metal.

Goro923

Spanish Thrasher
Reaction score
I was dissapointed that the album didn't sound more like Symphonies of Sickness. The I realized how unfair my standards were and listened again.

The riffs are tight and catchy, the production is spot-on and most importantly IT SOUNDS LIKE CARCASS. It sucks that the bass is barely there, but you can't have everything I guess :lol:

Mklane

Reaction score
Symphonies is an amazing album and probably my fave but the new album is 100% badass Carcass!

Sunlit Omega

Chaos Engineer
Contributor
Reaction score
It's amazing that this band is still doing it better than most of the bands that tried to copy their sound almost 20 years ago. Each listen sounds fresh and there are subtle intricacies to pick up on. This album really did live up to the hype.

Leveebreaks

Dooooooooom
Reaction score
Can I just say the "Pre Heartwork Parr Street Demos February 1993" are ....in awesome?? Well I just did, and there isn't a goddamn person on this board who could've stopped me.

I know this is old but it's still true. It's still available out there too, cat is Mosh9702bonus and it's well worth checking out.
http://www.worldcat.org/title/heartwork/oclc/310102017?referer=list_view

I was disappointed that the bass wasn't that loud too, until I played it through my mate's set up for his dvds. Whatever eq he has on that did the trick. It's still better than Heartwork though, which is Jeff's own personal Justice For All.

Splenetic

Reaction score
Carcass are definitely among the G.O.A.T. when it comes to extreme metal. \m/

Reaction score
I wonder if the original poster who opened this thread is completely f-ing oblivious to the fact that these guys have a new album coming out..........after seventeen years. -.-' (definitely a youngin if he is just now discovering Carcass).

Sunlit Omega

Chaos Engineer
Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder if the original poster who opened this thread is completely f-ing oblivious to the fact that these guys have a new album coming out..........after seventeen years. -.-' (definitely a youngin if he is just now discovering Carcass).

You'll note that I bumped this thread after almost a whole year, just because they put out a new album. I was anticipating its release since it was announced.

abandonist

Banned
Reaction score
I never got over Symphonies of Sickness. When Heartwork came out it was too slick and pretty for the Carcass I knew. This new one has not changed that. Ah well, I still have the old days..

')