Carcass

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Who here likes them? I first got into Carcass back in 1992 when I went out and bought Necroticism Descanting The Insalubrious cassette and I listened to it alot back then and over the years, i'd give it a listen and I still do listen to it every now and then. Well, I just listened to it today. Great album, great guitar sound great guitar work and great everything for 1991. :hbang:

carcass%5B1%5D.gif

15071-0-300-0-300.jpg

1550.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Carcass rule. Necrotocism and Heartwork are fucking glorious. I like Necrotocism a bit more, cause i think the whole medical lyrics thing was awesome.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Heartwork is a good album too. I remember when it first came out, it took me a few listens to really like it. :agreed:

Decreate

Reaction score
Heartwork was actually the album that got me into them so to me its still my favourite album by them. However I was quite disappointed with Swansong when it first came out...

Xtremevillan

im leaving ss.org
Contributor
Reaction score
As mentioned, necroticism and heartwork are their best. I used to love Heartwork, uncomfortable Steer vocals...steered me away from Necroticism.

Then I listened to Corporeal Jigsore, Inpropagation, looked up the lyrics...fucking my god.

They are my top 3 favorite bands: Necro, Carc, Arsis.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
<<< former guitarist for the Carcass tribute band, Symphonies Of Sickness.

Yeah, I love them.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Badass, Shannon! :hbang: I'd like to here some recordings if you have any. :D I learned Pedigree Butchery first and then Corporeal Jigsore Quandary. The riffwork in those songs, pretty much the whole Necroticism album influenced me quite a bit. I also had Symphonies Of Sickness briefly and I need to get it again. :agreed:

Axel

Reaction score
Carcass got me into death metal. They also got me into 5150's :D

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Badass, Shannon! :hbang: I'd like to here some recordings if you have any. :D I learned Pedigree Butchery first and then Corporeal Jigsore Quandary. The riffwork in those songs, pretty much the whole Necroticism album influenced me quite a bit. I also had Symphonies Of Sickness briefly and I need to get it again. :agreed:

Nah, there are no recordings unfortunately. It was fun why it lasted. I can thank Carcass mainly for getting me to tune down to B. That eventually led to me getting my first 7-string.

Apophis

Banned
Reaction score
I have all Carcass CD. :)
I love their music. And as I see i'm not only who stanted tune to B after hearing their music:)

Diogene303

Reaction score
Hey,

Carcass where the guys that really got me into using Ibanez guitars and seeing there great video's they did ........very cool band to see live also. If my memory is right i saw them play twice once up north somewhere when staying with a friend and the other time was at the barfly or underworld if i remember right !

Diogene

Shaman

Reaction score
Hell yeah!

One of my all time favourite bands. Necrotism was the first Carcass album I got, and I loved it(the first riff on Corporeal Jigsore.. holy sh**, you can't top that), but Heartwork was the one that really blew me away.

I actually like Swansong too, it grew on me little by little. Wake up and smell the Carcass has a lot of cool unreleased stuff too.

There has been a lot of rumors about a reunion, and even Bill Steer has agreed to do it, so we'll see. Let's keep our thumbs up!

Jeff Walker talked about the "possible" reunion in an interview, and he mentioned that Michael Amott would love to do it also.

DiezelMonster

Complainasaurus Rex
Reaction score
I think any toalk of them doing a reunion is actually Jeff and Bill fucking with everyone. I had a good talk one night with Jeff walker when his first solo cd came out for blackstar and he would always tell people that to fuck with them hahaha he's a very funny guy!

anyhow my fave Carcass disc is Heartwork but I got into them when symphonies came out, HOLY fuck that album still burns a hole in my cd player! along with reek! I'm probably the only guy here that loves the early grind!

I got into 7's and tuning to Bb because of morbid angel however! they will forever be my favourite band!

Hails Trey and Erik!

C

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
wow i just listened to necro yesterday, like 20 min before you stopped by Shawn

:lol: What a coincidence. Yeah, it always brings back memories too whenever I listen to it. :hbang:

I had no idea they used 5150s. I love their guitar tone on Necroticism too. :agreed:

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
Carcass live was pretty good. All Ibanez guitars and basses, 5150's on the backline and an absolutely sick live sound. They didn't play a single song off any material previous to Necrotism though.

I was bitter to see that Mike Hickey was playing guitar instead of Mike Amott when i got to see them though and Jeff had already removed those huge assed dreads. :(

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I got into 7's and tuning to Bb because of morbid angel however! they will forever be my favourite band!

Hails Trey and Erik!

C
Me too actually. I saw Morbid Angel live in Boston back in July of 1994 (Covenant tour, no Eric) and he was playing a UV7PWH along with his Hamer Custom V. Even before that though, the God Of Emptiness vid, his UV7BK! :wub:

I had no idea Carcass played Ibanez guitars either. All these years listening to them, I thought they played droptuned ESP sixers. :shrug: They did influence me quite a bit as I said earlier. Them, Suffocation, Morbid Angel, Malevolent Creation, Incantation, Internal Bleeding, Obituary, Death, etc, etc...too many to list! :hbang:

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
big carcass fan here, buried dreams is like the most badass song ever, that and death certificate, both off heartwork

')