Carvin 2015 - New Models & NAMM Thread

• Thread starter ferret
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lach Rae Dawn

Reaction score
Carvin seems to be the only brand that is catching my eye much this year.

Last year Schecter did some amazing stuff, this year it doesn't seem like they are doing quite as well (for me) Carvin on the other hand, is really turning my head over the last couple of years. This year they are more than any other brand.

Keep it up Carvin you do make some beautiful guitars, I may nab one myself one day in the future.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Cloudy

Pacific Wood Lab
Reaction score
kinda bummed we didnt get any new wood options or new inlays (offset dots) but its all good, theres always next year

EDIT: i dont want to sound ungrateful i swear :lol:

I was really hoping for new wood options. Didnt they also say new wood options were incoming for NAMM? I must have been mistaken.

Mangekyo

Reaction score
Everything, save for one model, remains carvin from this point on. Any new models they make will be under the Kiesel name it seems. (like the Vader.) Not sure if they'll make new "Carvin" models, but the old ones remain Carvin.

Well actually four models will have the Kiesel name on it as a standard. You're right about the Vader, but the SCB6 and the SCB7 will be Kiesel (They were recently made, they are a variation of the SC90 which was/is Carvin until Kiesel "customized" it) and the neil Zaza guitar (he wanted the Kiesel logo on it).

But anything that gets outside of the builder specs added to the guitar has the potential to be a Kiesel guitar. Kiesel makes the carvin guitars the same way still, it is just... the name Kiesel only pops up (if you want) on guitars that are opt'50'd.

Carvin is doing so awesome this year. It's time I get a new guitar.

This is a very odd visual.

I agree, most definitely. I noticed that as well.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
kinda bummed we didnt get any new wood options or new inlays (offset dots) but its all good, theres always next year

EDIT: i dont want to sound ungrateful i swear :lol:

Well, keep in mind that Chris was saying that they are going to be releasing stuff all year long, and some of the bigger announcements won't even be at NAMM. The woods they released last year came post NAMM, so that may happen again.

And anyone thinking that if the Kiesel brand split off a few years ago maybe Bernie wouldn't have all of our money? I see myself ordering FAR less customs now that Jeff is doing so many cool and crazy things.

cip 123

Reaction score
So will kiesel be doing full custom work? if yes.....so many ideas :yum:

Stuck_in_a_dream

Reaction score
Well, I wonder which pickups are these, and what kind of tremolo? Why isn't the SuperVee more popular on these kind of guitars it beats me. Here is a pic:

7h7p975lh6u3j2c6g.jpg

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
OH GODDAMN!!! :bowdown:

10948888_1579212445649616_2115703997_n.jpg

MAN the Kiesel Racing Green in satin looks so good, I'm pretty sure that's what my next Carvin is going to come in!!! :wub: That combined with the black binding and green inlays = uber win! :yesway:

Mangekyo

Reaction score
^ honestly all of that makes me want to run away, asap! Hahaha, but I saw that they also have blue block inlays in the catalog. Carvin is gettin' crazy.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Well, I wonder which pickups are these, and what kind of tremolo? Why isn't the SuperVee more popular on these kind of guitars it beats me. Here is a pic:

7h7p975lh6u3j2c6g.jpg

The bridge looks like the Kiesel pickup while the neck is possibly Carvin's rail pickup I can't remember the name of.

Bridge is probably a Wilky WV2.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
The bridge looks like the Kiesel pickup while the neck is possibly Carvin's rail pickup I can't remember the name of.

Bridge is probably a Wilky WV2.

As per the NAMM video, apparently the Howe model has his signature pickup in it. Is that a new Carvin GH sig pickup, or one with Dimarzio?? Who knows. Before that, I heard the prototypes were made with the Kiesel pickups. Either way, you can order any of their pickups in each guitar, so if you want the Kiesels or old pickups or even opt 50 some BareKnuckles in, Carvin can do it.

ferret

Reaction score
REALLY wish Jeff would fix the inlay sizing for 7- and 8-s.

Interview someone posted on carvinBBS:

Honestly, this video explains the what/why of the company asset split way better than their own video did.

cip 123

Reaction score
There is a mighty need for those Becker models.

MBMoreno

Reaction score
REALLY wish Jeff would fix the inlay sizing for 7- and 8-s.

Interview someone posted on carvinBBS:

Honestly, this video explains the what/why of the company asset split way better than their own video did.

This video shows how a brand should be run, family business or not.

Doing it not for the money

')