Carvin 7 string + M7

Born4metal85

Reaction score
I am using a Carvin dc 727 for more than 7 months now. I have to say that I am very satisfied with the guitar and its sound as well. I was wondering If I'd switch the pickups to M7s. Anyone has any experience with a Carvin 7 string and M7s combined? I really love the sound of the guitar now. I am curious if the M7s add anything extras to it? Is there any difference?:hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I had a friend who didn't like the sound of his m7 bridge on am maple neckthru.
I don't know what kind of sound you're looking for, but he complaint of the very low versatility, cleans were kind of bad, and its a very loud pick-up.

Rayaus

Reaction score
I've got M7s in my Carvin 727, which I believe is all mahogany. I think they sound great, very clear and aggressive, but granted they aren't very versatile. It really depends the tones you're aiming for, but for tight rhythm tones and generally high gain stuff they are definitely great!

Born4metal85

Reaction score
I've got M7s in my Carvin 727, which I believe is all mahogany. I think they sound great, very clear and aggressive, but granted they aren't very versatile. It really depends the tones you're aiming for, but for tight rhythm tones and generally high gain stuff they are definitely great!

Well I guess I was thinking right. I love the original Carvin pickups. They are versatile in a way. Thx mate! Do you have any recordings?

MrHelloGuitar

Reaction score
I think they sound great, very clear and aggressive, but granted they aren't very versatile.

I don't know about that. Scale the Summit uses M7s, seems like they're able to
dial in a really smooth jazzy clean tone.

I'd imagine they're pretty versatile. I say go for 'em :yesway:

Rayaus

Reaction score
I don't know about that. Scale the Summit uses M7s, seems like they're able to
dial in a really smooth jazzy clean tone.

I'd imagine they're pretty versatile. I say go for 'em :yesway:

I guess I always saw them as one trick ponies, so I didn't experiment a lot with them. I guess I might've been too quick to say they're not really versatile, but they can deliver brutal tones without a doubt!

To OP : I don't have clips as of now, but I'll try and record something if I have time this week :yesway:

')