Carvin 8 Strings Available!!

• Thread starter shaneroo
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Isan

Contributor
Reaction score
option 50 referrs to non listed options such as a denim finish and things like that

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HaloHat

Baritones
Reaction score
Seattle WA. & Richfield, UT. & Valencia, Spain
haha not everyone has the privilege of us Californians to know what In-and-Out is, 3x3 with everything on it, is TEH BEAAST :hbang:

First In-N-Out south of Seattle... Redding,Ca. Not that I worry about it much since I would go to Carl's Jr. anyways 8 out of 10 times :yesway:
Carl's Jr. $6 Chili Cheese Burger, add green chiles > than anything at In-N-Out

ZEBOV

Banned
Reaction score
I know right? Im going to have some money very soon because the dual is almost gone and the 2x12 will too, and I want to blow it all on a carvin 8 even though I never really like going below G :lol:
Wait until Vildhjarta's album is released. You just might be playing around low G to low F.

:agreed: Keith Merrow :hbang:

^^ no clue who that is, and I am stalking you, apparently.

Keith Merrow is diobolic5150 on the forum.

clintsal

Humbub
Reaction score
Heres hoping that ibanez realizes their competitive disadvantage now and releases something more affordable than the 2228 but higher quality than the rga8 in the next 12 months or so. Otherwise I forecast their US 8 string sales will plummet.

MacTown09

Reaction score
haha not everyone has the privilege of us Californians to know what In-and-Out is, 3x3 with everything on it, is TEH BEAAST :hbang:

They got em in Texas too. Sucks.

Option 50 means nonreturnable as well. I wonder what the pickup dimensions are, if I will have to route to fit an EMG 808x in there.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
I don't think Carvin has ever done that in the past, to my limited knowledge at least, so I doubt they'd start here.

These bridges very well may be Hipshots. Carvin does use a good deal of Hipshot hardware.

If you mean changing specs between prototype and actual builds for regular customers, they have done that. It's the reason I won't be ordering from them again: The Ultra V Debacle. I don't wanna bring down a happy dance thread with the story, but suffice to say, specs can change between initial builds used to advertise models, and the actual builds.

Also, someone mentioned Keith Merrow. He's also known as God.

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score
Heres hoping that ibanez realizes their competitive disadvantage now and releases something more affordable than the 2228 but higher quality than the rga8 in the next 12 months or so. Otherwise I forecast their US 8 string sales will plummet.

Doubtful. The Ibanez name is extremely popular and they have a ton of highly respected artists on their roster that get a lot more face time with guitar players than carvin guys do. Many carvin models would be in otherwise-direct competition with Ibanez models but Ibanez still sells a LOT more guitars. 8 string may be a more-informed market but I dont see this putting a huge dent in Ibanez sales figures. Its just right in between the 2228 and RGA8 pricewise.

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
^ To true. Unfortunate how mang people like ibanez because of the bane and who its associatex with. I really only see carvin affecting agiles sales but even ghen agiles scale choices will keep their sales strong

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score

Let's not accidentally imply that the 2228 is superior to these Carvins. Carvin makes some seriously awesome stuff, and I'd take one of these over a 2228, assuming they were both free.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Fuck Carvin for making these available when I put my 2228 up for sale. Seriously what the fuck. :lol:

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe I'll just set it on fire as a sacrifice to Sobek and hope for the best.

Too late, bro.

6rr7s5.png

')