Carvin CT74

Reaction score
I got a new Carvin! :3
It without a doubt is the best playing guitar I have ever layed my fingers on.

Specs: Mahogany body, Maple neck, Ebony Fretboard, Extra Jumbo Stainless Steal Frets, Set neck, Passive pups, Floyd Rose double locking tremelo system, Sperzel Locking Tuners, 3 way toggle switch with coil tap. Natural green stain, burst to black.

Any questions lemme know!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 846

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Quitty

Hates 'mojo'
Reaction score
Gorgeous. Gotta love the green Carvin's using.
It's a good thing you're happy, Elq's thread gives me the creeps whenever i check it.

Mklane

Reaction score
Congrats! I have 2 Carvin sevens, a CT7 and Dc700 and they are both amazing guitars. :hbang:

Reaction score
I couldn't be happier! This thing is seriously incapable of going out of tune, the neck feels amazing, the new bridge pickup they designed is so much better than the one prior as well. I strongly recommend getting a Carvin to anyone who is interested! I wanna buy another! haha

littledoc

Go meat!
Reaction score
Sweet! Congrats man, the green looks pretty awesome. It'd be nice if they released a no-top version of the CT7 though.

LetsMosey

friendly ginger
Reaction score
Congrats! Glad to see more of these popping up and some positive reviews! I can't wait to try one out when I go to San Diego!

LetsMosey

friendly ginger
Reaction score
This is a No top version! That's a natural stain!

I think what he meant was right now you're forced to choose some sort of top wood, such as plain maple, flame maple, koa, etc. The most "plain" you can get on it right now I *think* is a plain maple cap.

Reaction score
I think what he meant was right now you're forced to choose some sort of top wood, such as plain maple, flame maple, koa, etc. The most "plain" you can get on it right now I *think* is a plain maple cap.

Oh Right on. In that case yeah. But I'm fairly certain I didn't get a cap on this, I opted to not get a cap on my order. Thats the main and only difference between the CT7 and the CT74 I believe. The CT7 comes with a top (flamed, quilted, etc) and the CT74 does not. Standard at least. I could be wrong though!

I'll post more pics a.s.a.p.!

potatohead

Reaction score
Oh Right on. In that case yeah. But I'm fairly certain I didn't get a cap on this, I opted to not get a cap on my order. Thats the main and only difference between the CT7 and the CT74 I believe. The CT7 comes with a top (flamed, quilted, etc) and the CT74 does not. Standard at least. I could be wrong though!

I'll post more pics a.s.a.p.!

Your guitar has a plain maple cap (top). You cannot get a full mahogany or alder-bodied CT7, like you can get a full mahogany bodied carved top sixer (CS3 or CT3). Carvin did this because they feel all 'hog is too dark with a seven. Same reason the body is alder as standard instead of mahogany. However I'm sure if you really wanted to, you could get one made as an option 50.

MetalThrasher

Thrash & Burn
Reaction score
Awesome! I just ordered a CT74 today! Expect a NGD from me in 2 to 3 months. Best of luck with your guitar and happy NGD!

')