Carvin CT74

Reaction score
Your guitar has a plain maple cap (top). You cannot get a full mahogany or alder-bodied CT7, like you can get a full mahogany bodied carved top sixer (CS3 or CT3). Carvin did this because they feel all 'hog is too dark with a seven. Same reason the body is alder as standard instead of mahogany. However I'm sure if you really wanted to, you could get one made as an option 50.

Right on, the more you know! haha

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

acj

Reaction score
I hate that Carvin can't offer these with a fixed bridge. I called and they said it was something they are looking into, though.

yan12

Reaction score
Great looking axe man. Carvin guitars are very well made for the money and I always have one on hand. I look forward to hearing some clips.

robertkoa

Reaction score
Congrats! I have 2 Carvin sevens, a CT7 and Dc700 and they are both amazing guitars. :hbang:

Which has warmer neck tones , neck thru or set neck ?

Which has longer sustain , neck thru or set neck ?

Thanks.

LetsMosey

friendly ginger
Reaction score

Thanks.

That's debatable. I've owned many set necks and neck thru guitars over the years, and it depends on the build quality, woods you use, and the pickups. I'd almost say it's a toss-up... the great thing about Carvin's set necks is how deep the set necks go -- their necks are set really deep, below the pickups. I've owned many Carvins over the years, both set neck and neck thru, and all of them had great sustain. The pickups and amps made more of a difference. If you asked me about other brands of set neck guitars, the story would be much different.

Reaction score

Thanks.

Set neck usually warmer, neck through usually longer sustain. I prefer set neck to be honest, because you have more wood of the body. But other people prefer neck through, and even other people prefer bolt on.

Bigfan

sixstringer
Reaction score
Set neck usually warmer, neck through usually longer sustain. I prefer set neck to be honest, because you have more wood of the body. But other people prefer neck through, and even other people prefer bolt on.

Yeah, I prefer bolt-ons. The neck-throughs I've owned have always been a bit brittle sounding in the higher strings (Carvins). Set-necks are usually les pauls or clones of that sort of thing, so I tend not buy them.

Reaction score
Yeah, I prefer bolt-ons. The neck-throughs I've owned have always been a bit brittle sounding in the higher strings (Carvins). Set-necks are usually les pauls or clones of that sort of thing, so I tend not buy them.

You'll be amazed by how many corporations tend to use a set neck, or set through like Esp, instead of a neck through. I don't like neck through that much as well, it takes away a lot of tone of the body wood.

Reaction score
Hey all!

I posted my new guitar about a month ago and a lot of you have asked for more pictures. So, I finally got some time to upload some more. Hope everyone digs the pics!

:hbang:

Attachments

• IMG950844.jpg
    IMG950844.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG957104.jpg
    IMG957104.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG959615.jpg
    IMG959615.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG952504.jpg
    IMG952504.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG956362.jpg
    IMG956362.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 57

BlackWinds10

Kick em in the nuts!
Reaction score
Looks pretty sweet to me. I'm debating whether I should get a DC700 or one of these. These come with OFR's vs LFR's and I've always been a sucker for these body styles.... Anyways congrats dude, one question though, how's the neck on these, what sort of neck would you compare it to?

Reaction score
Looks pretty sweet to me. I'm debating whether I should get a DC700 or one of these. These come with OFR's vs LFR's and I've always been a sucker for these body styles.... Anyways congrats dude, one question though, how's the neck on these, what sort of neck would you compare it to?

The neck is fantastic, as far as what I'd compare it to? I'm honestly not sure. I come from playing Ibanez before getting a carvin and the neck is definitely bigger than a standard wizard neck but in a very comfortable way. I had a dc727 before this CT7 and I like the CT7 neck a lot more. the dc was very strat feeling to me. The neck on my CT is very comfortable, very easy to move around on, great for chords and leads. I recommend this guitar for anyone man. It's an awesome piece of work!

')