Carvin DC727 and/or DC747

• Thread starter 7deadlysins666
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

God Hand Apostle

Tin Foil Central
Reaction score
Carvin.com BBS :: View topic - What are the "Hidden Options" I've heard about?

The thing with Carvin is to call and ask...then call again and talk to someone else. I found one rep tell me "We don't do that" when I ask about something I've seen on another Carvin, then the next rep will say "No problem." Dont argue, just thank them, and call and talk to someone else.

That said, the active electronics layout on a 7 is common. I've seen someone get that layout on a Holdsworth even.

lurgar

Reaction score
So..they take 10% down or half down? If its 10% down, I may be able to get All, or atleast most of the options I want.

It's actually 20% down when first ordering with the rest due before they'll ship the guitar to you. I did this on mine that I ordered a couple of weeks ago. I couldn't find the option online, but when I called and talked to a rep, they went ahead and did it no questions asked.

Reaction score
It's actually 20% down when first ordering with the rest due before they'll ship the guitar to you. I did this on mine that I ordered a couple of weeks ago. I couldn't find the option online, but when I called and talked to a rep, they went ahead and did it no questions asked.

Awesome...what specs did you get?

Koshchei

Banned
Reaction score
I think it's 100% down if you order an option 50 though. You also don't get a 10 day trial.

Option 50 is anything not on the "menu", such as different control or pickup layout, weird finish, pointy reverse headstock on a semi-hollow archtop, etc.

Also, never order online if you have any special requests or there's a specific detail you want to underscore.

heffergm

Reaction score
I think it's 100% down if you order an option 50 though. You also don't get a 10 day trial.

Option 50 is anything not on the "menu", such as different control or pickup layout, weird finish, pointy reverse headstock on a semi-hollow archtop, etc.

Also, never order online if you have any special requests or there's a specific detail you want to underscore.

Not quite true. You can still put 20% down on an option 50 guitar, but you can't return it for a refund. I did 20% down and paid up when it was done on my white/blackburst guitar back on page 1 of this thread.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Carvin makes great 7's and its a damn shame my hand doesnt like the neck profile :(

n508644628_594637_3937.jpg

now in JJ's arsenal

Reaction score
Carvin makes great 7's and its a damn shame my hand doesnt like the neck profile :(

n508644628_594637_3937.jpg

now in JJ's arsenal

I've played a few Carvin 6 strings and Loved the necks. So im not too worried about not liking the neck...especially since my Schecter has been my only guitar for about a year. :yesway:

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
The carvin feels beefier then a C7 - i think its the shoulders i dunno.

I've played carvin 6's - the DC7's are not the same neck profile lol

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
The Carvin is beefier than a C7? :wow:

ATTN CARVIN OWNERS: How are the Carvin DC7 necks compared to Ibanez, Schecter, ESP, etc.?

I'm problably taking the plunge into Carvin land soon, so I'd really appreciate the input. Oh yeah, & post more Carvin GAS pics!

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score

ATTN CARVIN OWNERS: How are the Carvin DC7 necks compared to Ibanez, Schecter, ESP, etc.?
No way man - The DC727 I played had more of an Agile neck shape but not beefier than a C7. I felt it was between maybe a K7 neck profile and the Agile Septor 727 neck profile. It did have a hint of shoulders but it was pleasant to play.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Ok then, I can handle that. To me, Schecters are like friggin baseball bats. They're totally playable, but just not my thing. Thanks.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Beefier than a C7???????
no way:nono:

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
The C7 has a carve to it that is less fatiguing than the DC7 profile.

I no longer have my DC7 to compare to aaron's C7HR - I think the carvin is more a D whereas the schecters are a C. When I first got my DC727 it felt great and those necks are really fast, but after a little while I noticed that it just got a bit tiring to play. I know highgain5150 (matt) had similar issues with his, which he sold as well.

For me personally, both the C7 and the DC7 necks aren't big in the right dimensions for me - i found my neck profile in the Dean EVO 7 :) (it feels like my LP in 7-string form, which is what i've been looking for)

Overtone

Reaction score
Cool, thanks for the feedback... that was just one of those things I always wondered about.

')