Carvin DC727 and/or DC747

• Thread starter 7deadlysins666
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PlagueX1

Banned
Reaction score
Beautiful guitars. I'd like a Carvin, then again I'd like every guitar in this universe. >:l

renzoip

I Am the Table
Reaction score
I don't know what I did with the link I posted before but here is my DC747 once again! :)

NGD011.jpg

meisterjager

Now available in HD
Reaction score

Aw MAN.. I was gassing hard for 727 with that matte Teal flame finish, with black hardware! Meh.. now I've seen it, I may still do it :fawk:

One question.. On the builder, you can select rounded body edges for 40 dollars. What's the deal? All the 7x7's look like they have rounded body edges..?

Raymeous

Reaction score
Heya,

Carvin recently changed things up so you can now get the DC7x7's with non rounded sides. It makes them match up to the DC127 style body contours. It's a little sharper and meaner looking to me. Rob_l got the first one. If you want the rounded sides it's now an option at $40 like it is for their other DC models. So in answer to your probable question, yes, you now have to pay $40 for something that used to be a standard feature. I do not know if there is going to be a base price drop to even things out or not. Keep in mind Carvin only updates their catalog every 3 months so it may take a while for this to show up.

Option 50, as previously stated, is for options not usually on the menu. It does NOT automatically void the 10 day return policy. Kevio (Carvin forum moderator) put this info out. It all depends on what crazy thing you come up with and whether or not they feel that they can sell it if you decide you don't like it. If you want some goofy lime green to pink fade it will probably void your 10 day return, but if you ditch a tone knob, it probably wont.

Control configurations: The DC727 comes standard with a Gibson style 3 way switch, a volume, and tone controls. I think the 3 mini toggles (pick up splits and phase) are optional for around $35. The DC747 comes with a Fender style 5 way switch, volume and tone controls. Again I think the mini toggles are extra, but I'm not 100% on that. For the DC727's with the 3 way, 4 knobs, and 3 mini's, that's Carvins active circuit with bass and treble controls and a push pull volume control to defeat the active circuit. For the record all of Carvins pick ups are passive and their active circuit is reported to work with just about every after market passive pickup.

Ideally I would recommend calling Carvin and talk to them directly if you have any thing you want clarification on. BTW you can also specify the type of quilt or flame you want as well as "get me the nicest one you've got" but there is an upcharge for the time spent sifting through piles of wood to find the spiffyest top.

I hope this helps clear things up a bit. No I don't work there. I would never have any money left on payday. HA ha!

meisterjager

Now available in HD
Reaction score
Might end up being a bit hard to get my order in properly. I'd like 2 volume knobs and would definitely ask them for the nicest wood they can find, but I can't trust that information to get relayed through a UK dealer who really has nothing to do with Carvin.

I guess they must get work numbers? I could probably call Carvin and get them to add the info to the existing order..

renzoip

I Am the Table
Reaction score
Heya,

Carvin recently changed things up so you can now get the DC7x7's with non rounded sides. It makes them match up to the DC127 style body contours. It's a little sharper and meaner looking to me. Rob_l got the first one. If you want the rounded sides it's now an option at $40 like it is for their other DC models. So in answer to your probable question, yes, you now have to pay $40 for something that used to be a standard feature. I do not know if there is going to be a base price drop to even things out or not. Keep in mind Carvin only updates their catalog every 3 months so it may take a while for this to show up.

Option 50, as previously stated, is for options not usually on the menu. It does NOT automatically void the 10 day return policy. Kevio (Carvin forum moderator) put this info out. It all depends on what crazy thing you come up with and whether or not they feel that they can sell it if you decide you don't like it. If you want some goofy lime green to pink fade it will probably void your 10 day return, but if you ditch a tone knob, it probably wont.

Control configurations: The DC727 comes standard with a Gibson style 3 way switch, a volume, and tone controls. I think the 3 mini toggles (pick up splits and phase) are optional for around $35. The DC747 comes with a Fender style 5 way switch, volume and tone controls. Again I think the mini toggles are extra, but I'm not 100% on that. For the DC727's with the 3 way, 4 knobs, and 3 mini's, that's Carvins active circuit with bass and treble controls and a push pull volume control to defeat the active circuit. For the record all of Carvins pick ups are passive and their active circuit is reported to work with just about every after market passive pickup.

Ideally I would recommend calling Carvin and talk to them directly if you have any thing you want clarification on. BTW you can also specify the type of quilt or flame you want as well as "get me the nicest one you've got" but there is an upcharge for the time spent sifting through piles of wood to find the spiffyest top.

I hope this helps clear things up a bit. No I don't work there. I would never have any money left on payday. HA ha!

Yes, there was a base price drop in order to compensate for the $40 option on the rounded body sides and the increase in the prices of the hardcases.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know what I did with the link I posted before but here is my DC747 once again! :)

NGD011.jpg

that's smoking!:shred:
I've never seen the ruby red with a maple board, it's usually with an Ebony board.
Me likey:agreed:

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
this thread is giving me some hardcore carvin gas :(
DC727, ash body, maple neck and board and spalted maple top.

lurgar

Reaction score
I'm still loving my DC727. Best playing guitar I've ever touched.

Ash body
Ebony Fretboard
SS frets
Active electronics
LFR

8a5cb865.jpg

badger71

Reaction score
These are a few of my 7x7's - Havent snapped pics of them all just yet - And I just put a Radiation Green custom build in as well. As well as a one-off Carvin doesnt want me talking about. lol Woo!Hoo! for 7x7's!! :)

Most recent custom - All tung oil over flame maple/walnut body wings and a 5pc walnut/maple neck..

IMG_5025.JPG

11.jpg

12.jpg

I almost bought these two from the showroom in San Diego after I played them....we have similar tastes....nice collection!:hbang:

')