Carvin DC727 direct to Europe

• Thread starter Goober
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Goober

Reaction score
I have been drooling over the Carvin DC727's for a while. When I looked at the Carvin World despite there being a list of importers, it seemed to be allowing me to place an order from the U.K. Low and behold you can now order direct from Carvin. Of course there is international delivery, import duty and VAT but even with that the price is very reasonable for a custom spec 7.

Anyway could not resist and have a DC727 on the way. I will save the spec listing for when I post the pics. The 6 to 8 week wait seems like a long time even at my advanced age lol.

The main purpose of my post is to let everyone in Europe know you can now order direct, which you may or may not know. I am not certain about all the countries, so don't hold me to it.

Martin :shred:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mattmc74

Contributor
Reaction score
I live in the U.S. and it took them 10 weeks to just make me a replacement neck! They sent it Priority mail and it was here in 2 days, but it still took forever it seemed to get made.

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm still debating on the specs for my future DC727 but I'll be ordering one from France soon, and that for half what it would've cost me going through the thie... woops... "official importer" (MY ***!!). And that's including shipping and taxes :)
I already have the pickups for it tho :lol: BKP Painkillers :D

Rashputin

Reaction score
Carvin now deliver direct to the UK?

That's me fucked, then. :(

LOL!

We're all fucked now bro. I must have built like 100 different 727's on their website now.. Only thing missing is the money to hit the order button... Anybody need any sexual favors or a soul?

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
Actually, this was one the best things to happen thus far regarding the Carvin camp, since I can't begin to fathom how incredibly impossible it was to get things going just to order a damn guitar that didn't happen to be on their rack, at an incredibly silly price to boot.

This actually solves my "which 7-string to complement my Kramer Turbulence and give my UV some needed rest" dilemma. :pickle:

chips400

Eats emo's for lunch
Reaction score
Lucky me i live 30mins away from the carvin factory. A red AAA flame 727 fixed with stainless steel frets and a blank ebony board with active electronics(no piezos) for $875 is there at the, the carvin shop haha man im glad I live close to carvin!

EDIT I feel like a dick saying that

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
Lucky me i live 30mins away from the carvin factory. A red AAA flame 727 fixed with stainless steel frets and a blank ebony board with active electronics(no piezos) for $875 is there at the, the carvin shop haha man im glad I live close to carvin!

EDIT I feel like a dick saying that

Don't just feel it; revel in the knowledge we all think you are a dick for it too. :squint:

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
I thought you always could order direct from Carvin in the UK, but basically they took the same number of dollars and translated it into GBP, so basically you'd be paying twice as much. Price up a guitar on the UK/World site, then price it up on the US site. If you end up getting raped, just get someone you know, or at least trust in the US to order the guitar for you, then ship it to you when it's finished. You still have to pay VAT and shipping to the US address and then to the UK, but if it is the way that I thought it was, then it would be worth it (I think).

Something to check out anyways.

Benjo230

Reaction score
I don't think so JJ, on carvinworld.com when you go into the custom guitars bit to choose your body style it has the GBP price, then the USD price.
Im jonesing for a DC727 which has a US price of 799.00 but GBP price of 470...

Im deffinatly gonna get one when i've got the money

EDIT: Despite getting raped on postage :(

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
When Carvin ships to Canada, they charge a fuck ton for shipping, but it covers all brokerage, etc. Does it do the same for the UK and all the VAT fees?

onefingersweep

Reaction score
When Carvin ships to Canada, they charge a fuck ton for shipping, but it covers all brokerage, etc. Does it do the same for the UK and all the VAT fees?

Of course... It's really good that I have already paid the tax (my guitar is two weeks from completion). They said FedEx take care of it all which is way better than me having to pay the tax myself, since I got to pay it in USD, it saves me a decent amount of money.

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
Hmmm. Brazil doesn't appear on the list? Even so, if that tax of yours regarding imports remains unchanged, I can see a steep increase of the total price happening. :(

Rashputin

Reaction score
Lucky me i live 30mins away from the carvin factory.

You are one lucky son of a gun, you know that? I celebrated christmas in Escondido once at my friends house who live there. I should have brought back any 727 or 747 they had in stock at the time, but I didnt. Now I'm stuck back here in icy cold and insanely expensive Norway, and I have to bend over and let UPS and the norwefian government have their way with me for shipping a Carvin here. Everything is seriously like 4 times the price here..o' cruel fate, why do ye treat me so? Fuck ye, fate...fuck ye! :hungus:

')