Carvin DC800

• Thread starter 7 Strings of Hate
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

fusion1

Reaction score
Can you explain the pickups and the covers? As far as I know Dimarzio doesn't sell soapbar type pickups or covers for those types of pickups. I did a quick search and don't even see anyone selling soapbar covers for 8 string. Where did you get the covers? Do you have the Carvin active pickups and wiring?

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
Can you explain the pickups and the covers? As far as I know Dimarzio doesn't sell soapbar type pickups or covers for those types of pickups. I did a quick search and don't even see anyone selling soapbar covers for 8 string. Where did you get the covers? Do you have the Carvin active pickups and wiring?

They are just hollow cases to put passives in. I drilled out the lug holes so i could get the pup closer to the strings like normal. I didnt keep the actives because the passives just sound better.

As for where I got the covers, I cant remember the site off hand. There is a thread on here that has the addy somewhere. I just bought a bunch so I didnt have to worry about remembering the site. They are technically listed as bass pup covers, but they are the exact same dimensions.

fusion1

Reaction score
ok, I just found the bass soapbar covers on Mojotone.com. I had no idea passive pickups like D'activators would fit inside these active pickup covers.

They are just hollow cases to put passives in. I drilled out the lug holes so i could get the pup closer to the strings like normal. I didnt keep the actives because the passives just sound better.

As for where I got the covers, I cant remember the site off hand. There is a thread on here that has the addy somewhere. I just bought a bunch so I didnt have to worry about remembering the site. They are technically listed as bass pup covers, but they are the exact same dimensions.

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
ok, I just found the bass soapbar covers on Mojotone.com. I had no idea passive pickups like D'activators would fit inside these active pickup covers.

Thats the place. It take some sanding and finageilin to get them in there.

jeleopard

Reaction score
If you still have this by Christmas, would you maybe be interested in a Schecter KM7?

jeleopard

Reaction score
Aw. If it means anything, I'm not either, but this guitar is certainly glorious. Neck is actually super thin, unlike other Schecters.

But hey, if you change your mind, lemme know :)

')