Carvin Ebony Kiesel Edition SCB6

• Thread starter Garnoch
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
giphy.gif

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Garnoch

Reaction score
Thanks, guys.

As of yesterday, it was announced that all Kiesel Editions now come with wood back plates. Jeff Kiesel has ebony and zebra wood plates made as of now.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't even know what to comment anymore. I love that thing. I saw up on Jeff's Facebook and I almost shat my pants. I saw an NGD for it here, and shat my pants twice. It's kind of nuts that that thing has the Carvin name on it. I am thoroughly surprised. Beautiful. Enjoy it dude! I am super jealous! :D

TraE

Reaction score
Incredible man.. truly a piece of art.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
I thought I had commented on this one already but I guess my post never went through! :lol: GORGEOUS guitar man, I really love how that turned out! :D Only thing I'm not a fan of, as others have mentioned, is the signature on the headstock. :lol: Not against having the builder sign it as that's a nice personal touch, but the way it's signed looks a little sloppy and detracts from an otherwise amazing piece of work, again IMHO. :( Wish either he'd modify his signature so it looked a little nicer or printed out his name instead, if I ordered one I'd have to specify that for sure as the little squiggle for the second half of the signature would drive me bananas. :rofl:

I'm curious since Carvins normally ship with rather thin control plates, did he make the route deeper for the control cavity plates when he was building these? I'm just wondering as folks who have had wooden plates placed over their electronics cavities on other guitars where the plate was too thin, the expansion/contraction over time can lead to either not being able to get the plate off or having the screw holes crack if it's too thin and it contracts. Just something to think about, I offered to send Jeff a picture of the matching wooden plates on my Private Stock so he could see what I was talking about (the PRS wooden plates are 2-3x as thick as the standard plastic ones that come on models with normal plastic plates) as I was genuinely worried folks might decide a few months down the road they wanted to swap pickups and could end up with a surprise due to humidity/temp changes in their region making that difficult to remove later. :lol:

Anywho, all of that aside, I think you got a killer piece for the price! Bummer about the wait but it looks like the end result was worth it! I have been contemplating doing a build with Jeff, just trying to figure out which model to go for as I still want to spec out an HH2 but I don't think that's a guitar I'd want to drop $3K on when the specs I'd need are pretty plain by comparison. Decisions, decisions!

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
HHHHHHHNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!

Bear R.

Bear R.-
Reaction score
Terrible sig...beautiful guitar..like no other "of coarse"...HNGD..
God Bless ya..Barry..

Gango79

Reaction score
Congrats man...I love it...great job at Carvin...I'm sincere I've never really loved the shapes of carvin but I must admit that this is absolutely fabulous

Garnoch

Reaction score
Thanks, guys. I have to say, I've never enjoyed a guitar this much. Not just the looks and not just that I'm really loving the sound of this thing, but the look and feel of this model blows away the pictures I've seen of it on the web. I've already said I wasn't 100% sure what'd I'd think of this model in person... man, is it nice. Anyway, here're some HDR pics that I hadn't posted but think are interesting looking....

15252967709_9434196631_h.jpg

15416667266_5329ac4ff8_h.jpg

15253176157_51b3e86a19_h.jpg

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Dig the outdoor pics too! That is a seriously tasty guitar! :D Congrats again dude, she came out great. I wasn't originally a big fan of the SCB model but honestly it's growing on me more and more. :lol:

')