Carvin guys

• Thread starter SlowShred
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SlowShred

Reaction score
So who here owns a carvin(s)? I personally have an ash dc135t finished in blueburst and it's my favorite axe, it plays sooooo nice. I'm gonna order a cs6 with black quilt, bird's eye maple board and ss xt jumbos as soon as I get a carvin card (0% for 12 months). That will be my #1 for standard/standard half step down. I don't play metal exclusively, so it will do nicely. I don't have pics now, but that will change.

Post yours up:agreed:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisPcritter

Contributor
Reaction score
Great guitars...
Anniversary model LB75

5896d1194380168-gone-carvin-crazy-acarvinbass.jpg

CT6 (Sorry for the bad pic)

5895d1194379634-gone-carvin-crazy-carvintop.jpg

And the DC727

Body.jpg

mrp5150

Call it.
Reaction score
Here's my old Bolt-T. It was an awesome guitar. I was surprised at how good the Carvin pickups sounded.

ecddc96a.jpg

turmoil

l0rd of teh shr3d
Contributor
Reaction score
Carvin DC400T: easily, one of my favorite guitars ever. the neck/feel/sound is perfect and the attention to detail is just incredible. my only gripe is that the pickups are a tad on the weak side for metal but it's not like they're awful.
I would order a DC 727 in a second if i had the cash for one.

P4190140.jpg

SlowShred

Reaction score
Nice axes. I'd love to have a dc727/747, but they're a little outta my budget for a seven string and I want that longer scale. I will be getting a cs6 hopefully soon, that is unless someone talks some sense into me, we all know how GAS is.

hairychris

Hairy Old Bloke
Reaction score
DC-127 That I may have sold (although I'm seriously tempted to back out on that deal and buy some Bare Knuckles for it!). Bought it last year as a backup so hardly used it to date... ;)

2362949013_48c4ea3994_b.jpg

Also owned a mahogany/maple DC-747 and an all Koa DC-135.

I like Carvins!

Joel

Reaction score
imo the dc727 is the nicest guitar... its my favourite guitar overall and its realy cool that you can pick an hoose your own specs...
i will be gettin one of those... eventually...

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
grab a used one, $700-$900 ish.

I have a used DC727, its a nice guitar!

I could go for a sixer model..

Pewtershmit

Reaction score
I've heard the guitars no longer come with OFR's and come with liscensed now. Or are OFR's special order or something. omg send them a lopro and get them to route it in.

hairychris

Hairy Old Bloke
Reaction score
Does anybody have a good site of an European guitar shops selling carvin guitars? I'm really interrested!

Bought my 3 from the USA via ebay. My mad quilt thing cost just over 600 GBP after everything was taken into consideration and was in showroom condition. :metal:

OK I didn't spec any of them but I'd definitely say get a used one to see if you like the feel.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
Yess.. Carvins rule. I dont have good pics right now but I will soon..

Right now I have a Carvin Bolt, and a Carvin Bass 5 bolt. Both great.

On order, is a Carvin neck for a Strat im building, and a Carvin 7 string neckthru blank being made into a Jackson Kelly. So hopefully those two will be done soon, and i'll be lovin it.

Fizzy

Reaction score
I've heard the guitars no longer come with OFR's and come with liscensed now. Or are OFR's special order or something. omg send them a lopro and get them to route it in.

The sixes come with OFRs, but the sevens come with LFRs. I've heard mixed reviews about them, but they supposedly aren't terrible. One could install an OFR, but there is an issue with the string spacing, but this hasn't stopped other forum members. They probably wouldn't be willing to accommodate a Lo-pro, because they do all of their routing with CNCs, and are reluctant to reprogram.

Jazzedout

Reaction score
Here is my DC400TA. Full spec, only the piezo is missing...
(not the greatest pic...)

DSCN06001.jpg

')