Carvin neck options

• Thread starter Zerox8610
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zerox8610

Reaction score
Hey guys I was just curious.. What kind of neck do you get if you don't select any of the options available?

I figured those options were mandatory but I was able to complete the form without selecting one of those... Considering the price difference with those options.. I figured I'd ask some of you guys with experience working with carvin.

I'm looking for options to build a dc727 for under 1k if possible.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxAidingAres

Reaction score
You get a 1 piece Maple neck unless you choose the all mahogany, walnut, koa Body/Neck option

I made one with these specs. You dont have to keep these specs but the SS Frets/ fretboard radius/ dunlop straplocks are you would want t least.
ASH - Maple Neck/Swamp Ash Body $40.00 -CG - Clear Gloss Finish (Standard) $0.00 7PH - 7-String Pointed Headstock 4+3 $20.00 -PH - Headstock To Match Body Finish (Standard) $0.00 MF - Maple Fingerboard (Tung-Oiled) $0.00 NIN - No Top Inlays - Side Dots Only $0.00 STJF - Stainless Jumbo Frets .055" H .110" W $40.00 R20 - 20in Fretboard Radius (N/A w/ Floyd Rose) $40.00 -C26B - C26 Bridge Pickup $0.00 -C26N - C26 Neck Pickup $0.00 -400 - Black Pickups (Standard) $0.00 -CH - Chrome Hardware (Standard) $0.00 -1056 - Elixir Light Gauge .010 - .056 (Standard) $0.00 WL - White Logo $0.00 SL - Dunlop Straplocks $10.00 IVN - Ivory Graph Tech TUSQ Nut $5.00 HC10 - Black Tolex Hardshell Guitar Case $69.00 Custom Shop Total: $1,073.0

Zerox8610

Reaction score
Would that be a good decision with carvin? I know one piece necks are less structurally sound from what I've heard around here...

Also could I see pictures of your build? I'm really curious about the maple fretboard

bcfox

Reaction score
Would that be a good decision with carvin? I know one piece necks are less structurally sound from what I've heard around here...

Also could I see pictures of your build? I'm really curious about the maple fretboard

I haven't had any problems with my one-piece neck. Kentucky bounces around a lot for humidity, and the only neck I've ever had a problem with was an LTD EC-401. I haven't had to adjust the Carvin's trussrod or saddles even once. I've had it for about 10 months.

Zerox8610

Reaction score
I'll probably just fork over the extra hundred for a maple with two walnut stripes and go for a natural finish.
We'll see... I may do a white finish instead and stick with a solid maple neck. Thanks a ton!

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
Its odd how it works.. cause Ive had 2 Carvin necks warp on me (1pc maple fb) but Ive also had one that a family member left outside its case all year while I was away, and its perfectly fine still. (1pc but ebony) - so my rule now is if its a maple fretboard, I am not risking it and going 5pc, but ebony 1pc seems to be solid

Also, I live in a location where necks are prone to warpage, I used to be literally 5 minute walk from the atlantic ocean basically; thats not good for guitars. Humidity and moisture content in the air plays a big part, ive heard lots of Carvin guys with 1pc necks say its 100% fine after 10 years even in landlocked states

Zerox8610

Reaction score
Its odd how it works.. cause Ive had 2 Carvin necks warp on me (1pc maple fb) but Ive also had one that a family member left outside its case all year while I was away, and its perfectly fine still. (1pc but ebony) - so my rule now is if its a maple fretboard, I am not risking it and going 5pc, but ebony 1pc seems to be solid

Also, I live in a location where necks are prone to warpage, I used to be literally 5 minute walk from the atlantic ocean basically; thats not good for guitars. Humidity and moisture content in the air plays a big part, ive heard lots of Carvin guys with 1pc necks say its 100% fine after 10 years even in landlocked states

Hmm... strange... loving the avatar btw ;)

But I'll have to keep that in mind. Thanks for the heads up!

Latest posts

')