Carvin releases mini V3

• Thread starter potatohead
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

potatohead

Reaction score
$599 would be amazing. It's a heck of a deal compared to the rest of the market at $100 more than that. Unless they can build a freaking pile of them right off the bat, they won't be on the cheap end of the market.

Of course however, the cheaper the better. Oh, and build a matching 112 and 212, please :).

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

edsped

Reaction score
My bad, it wasn't the guy who up'd the video who was told $599, just another forumite who was at NAMM. The guy who uploaded the vid actually works for Carvin. But either way $600 for the head sounds about right given all the features and Carvin's typically low price points.

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
7W is not "Bedroom level" :lol:

"Bedroom Level" is basically whether or not the amp's preamp is where the majority of the tone comes from; if it needs power tube volume to smooth things out, then it's not a 'bedroom amp.'

Razzy

[10]
Reaction score

"Bedroom Level" is basically whether or not the amp's preamp is where the majority of the tone comes from; if it needs power tube volume to smooth things out, then it's not a 'bedroom amp.'

+1

A "bedroom" level amp would be more like 1 Watt. 7W, or even 5W like the valve juniors cranked up is fuck'n loud for a bedroom.

However, 7W for recording purposes would be GREAT.

potatohead

Reaction score
It has both pre and power amp volume. You will be able to keep it at bedroom level without a problem.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If it's anything like the big V3 it'll need some power tube breakup to take away some fizz.

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score

I did say "Very loud bedroom level" :lol:. Having a Mark V I run in 10W mode, and 7W putting out 89% that power, I can safely say you won't get it past 3 without pissing off the neighbours. :lol:

viesczy

Reaction score
The vid put up by Carvin sounds the best, I'm sure that little amp will be quite capable. I know the V3 doesn't seem to get much respect, but I thought Wade Cooper's vids showed the capability of that amp.

Again, decisions...

Derek

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
Forgot to mention, 600$ for the amp, you will need to pay 40-50 more for the footswitch though... Forgot Carvin sells the foot switch separately.. Real useful there.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Forgot to mention, 600$ for the amp, you will need to pay 40-50 more for the footswitch though... Forgot Carvin sells the foot switch separately.. Real useful there.

Though, every few weeks they run a sale/special for them to be included with the amp (they occasionally do that with covers as well), both my V3 and X100B came with free footswitches.

Though, given Carvin's pricing I wouldn't see that extra for the footswitch a serious deal breaker/burden. That's like not buying a $300 guitar because it doesn't come with a HSC.

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
Though, every few weeks they run a sale/special for them to be included with the amp (they occasionally do that with covers as well), both my V3 and X100B came with free footswitches.

Though, given Carvin's pricing I wouldn't see that extra for the footswitch a serious deal breaker/burden. That's like not buying a $300 guitar because it doesn't come with a HSC.

Fair enough, hadn't noticed those deals as I never bought a carvin amp, almost got a X-100 but decided I wanted a Mark V more. Not sure what I would do with a 300$ guitar though, practice fretwork?

')