Carvin UX1000 vs Line 6 L6G690 wireless transmitters.

axxessdenied

Arium Addict
Reaction score

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
No experience with the Carvin, but I have a G30 and love it. Many guys on here like their line 6 wireless units. Do you need it rackmounted?

axxessdenied

Arium Addict
Reaction score
Not necessary to be rackmounted. I did see that the cheaper variants of the L6 unit are not rackmounted. Same quality as the rackmount unit just shorter range?
I would prefer to fill the last slot in my 4U rack with a wireless receiver. The carvin is appealing to me since it only takes 1/2 U of space and leaves a bit of extra room for expansion. The G90 would definitely look good with my Pod HD Pro though... :lol:

edit:

I overlooked this one as well from carvin: http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/UX16-BP
Quite a bit cheaper than the other unit. Hmm. It's mainly for use at home in a recording set up. So I don't need massive range or a ton of channels.

Wrecklyss

Custom Speaker Cabinet Builder
Reaction score
If Carvin Makes wireless units like they make PA/Guitar amps, i'd use it in a heart beat. I've only used Audio Technica and AKG wireless in the past, but the Carvin looks good. Killswitch Engage uses them.

benduncan

Reaction score
this is a rare case but i had a line 6 XDR95, it just stopped working one day. the body pack and receiver wouldnt communicate, line 6 couldnt fix it, they told me to bring it to one of their guys then after told me that they didnt have the parts because its discontinued and i had to pay the bench fee, lol.

no one else seems to be having problems with the stuff so im pretty sure ill get a g30 when i start playing live

axxessdenied

Arium Addict
Reaction score
If Carvin Makes wireless units like they make PA/Guitar amps, i'd use it in a heart beat. I've only used Audio Technica and AKG wireless in the past, but the Carvin looks good. Killswitch Engage uses them.

:hbang: good enough for me

Their wireless IEM system is tempting as well!!!

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score
I love Carvin gear, but the only thing that gives me pause here is that the Carvin system is analog. Having owned both digital and analog wireless systems, I'd say digital all the way.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
If you don't need the rackmounted version, get a used G50 and go forth. It takes up no space on your board and works like a charm.

nojyeloot

Reaction score
:bump:

Read all these responses. Can we get a few more users to chime in if they think the UX1000 is reliable (or not) that has had experience with these?

ozzman619

Reaction score
wow, i never even thought of looking at any other wireless units other than the Line 6 G90/G50 because they are both such good deals, but damn this carvin ux1000 is really tempting.

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
Theres also the line 6 G55 which is a half rack format, and like 50$ more than the G50

nojyeloot

Reaction score
:yesway: Thanks for chiming in guys. But I'm not asking if I should buy one or the other. If/when I buy a wireless unit, it'll be a Line6 G50/55/90, without a doubt :cool:. I was only asking what people thought of the UX1000 and if they have any experiences with it.

However, I have a UX1000 on my desk that's not being used at all and it's been lent to me. So, I'm basically asking around to see if people have had bad experiences with it (UX1000) in a high or low gain situation (since I'd potentially be using it for Metal and Praise & Worship).

axxessdenied

Arium Addict
Reaction score
:yesway: Thanks for chiming in guys. But I'm not asking if I should buy one or the other. If/when I buy a wireless unit, it'll be a Line6 G50/55/90, without a doubt :cool:. I was only asking what people thought of the UX1000 and if they have any experiences with it.

However, I have a UX1000 on my desk that's not being used at all and it's been lent to me. So, I'm basically asking around to see if people have had bad experiences with it (UX1000) in a high or low gain situation (since I'd potentially be using it for Metal and Praise & Worship).

Test that bad boy out and let me know how it sounds!! I totally forgot about this thread :lol:

')