Carvin Vader

• Thread starter jc986
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

celticelk

Reaction score
Pretty half-assed job, I know, but I'm pretty terrible at this sort of thing.

It's an overlaid size comparison between the Vader and a DC7X, to give an approximate idea of how big the thing's going to be.

zDTZFPb.jpg

Thanks! That doesn't look like an epic small body fail to me.

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
Man, carvin really needs to go ahead and slap a headstock on it, that way people can make good on their threats of pooping their pants in rage, and punching themselves in the nads.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
pls no Carvin dont make me soil my undies

:lol: classic trollshops though, 5/10 good attempt sir

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
Man, carvin really needs to go ahead and slap a headstock on it, that way people can make good on their threats of pooping their pants in rage, and punching themselves in the nads.

I mean, that was just a direct challenge to Carvin, wasn't it?

YOU'VE GOT A JOB TO DO, LADS!

Insinfier

Reaction score
Was really hoping to wake up to more dumb, fake pictures. Disappointed in you, SSO.

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
Yes, it would. I keep wondering if they will, since Chris has been notably silent throughout this whole debate. I'm honestly not sure if he's stopped laughing anytime in the last few days. :lol:

A brief digression: I wonder if the concerns over inharmonicity are the result of the popularity of the djent sound, which boosts the extreme treble end to highlight the string attack and which would tend to exaggerate the out-of-tune upper harmonics of thicker bass strings. Other genres seem not to worry about this so much - I've never seen the word "inharmonicity" mentioned over at ilovedoom, and a bunch of those guys are tuning way down on relatively short scales. *shrug*

To be honest, I don't think it's exactly just the djent crowd, but it's definitely not something the doom crowd worries about.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Top horn actually looks pretty good, I think. Probably should redo all of the 700, 7x, etc top horns to be like that. Those guitars would become about x1000 more attractive.

decreebass

Business Secrets of the Pharoahs
Reaction score

Well, actually I said "dick" which does not produce gametes and therefore is technically not a 'nad,' :lol: but I was only playing. It's obviously a headless. I'm just so excited that I keep coming back to this thread to check out all the buzz.

Bravo, Carvin, on your marketing for this one :)

stevexc

Reaction score
The guitar is 100% headless. ON jeff's latest instagram post, you can see the bridge.

Instagram

Phew, I was worried it would only be 95% headless.

Hmmm... I dunno how I feel about the forearm bevel. The top wood cutting off like that looks a little... harsh, I guess? Poor photo to make a good judgement from, though. Dig the finish.

ghostred7

Banned
Reaction score
For those that like headless guitars....I hope this turns out to be exactly what you want it to be. I've never liked headless guitars personally...but there's obviously a fanbase for it and hopefully Carvin/Kiesel is pleasing that base.

')