Carvin Vader

• Thread starter jc986
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
1379305_1026744227352005_3821675203124063425_n.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score
Why does Carvin even show at NAMM if they don't have a dealer network? I understand the artist exposure angle but it seems like they could put all those resources into direct meetings with artists they are courting instead of showing a bunch of stuff to MI folks who wont be able to become dealers.

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
Why does Carvin even show at NAMM if they don't have a dealer network? I understand the artist exposure angle but it seems like they could put all those resources into direct meetings with artists they are courting instead of showing a bunch of stuff to MI folks who wont be able to become dealers.

I imagine to show off there cool instruments in a gathering of there peers. The Exposure They get is probably 100% worth the money they spend. Just because they sell direct to consumers doesn't mean they wont benefit attending (as a seller) one of the biggest north american guitar expos.

7stg

Reaction score

The costs are not that bad- $30.75 per-square-foot fee and exhibitors requiring no special handing receive a 1,000-pound material handling allowance per 100 sq. ft, and there is a lot of exposure besides dealers.

https://www.namm.org/thenammshow/2015/exhibitors

Mangekyo

Reaction score
I do want a tiny guitar, that is the whole damn point of going headless - make the guitar smaller for storing it in tiny places and playing it in tiny spaces.

Well the strandbergs are smaller but they look like full body guitars. Steinberger's GMs are headless but they aren't a damn ukulele.

Well if that's how tops are going to look I don't think I'm going to be getting any fancy tops! Which helps me make my decision easier (and saves me money).

Didn't realize how "sharp" that top horn was on that one side. I like the upper horn reveal but didn't think it'd be that carved, especially on that side (which I'm glad they chose to bevel that top part of it instead of the inside of the horn).

My opinion of this guitar has raised. Still, I think I'd prefer a CT like CODA's variant.... This is still cool. Cant' wait to see more pictures.

Mangekyo

Reaction score
Honestly, nothing much really excites me at NAMM as much as carvin. The big companies that produce similar models each year are usually nothing too surprising. You don't get many options.

I can't help to feel that 2016 and 2017 will have more/most guitar companies offering headless models. Probably closer to 2017. Everybody is jumping on the "lets make a seven string with a killswitch" bandwagon at last year's namm.

Mangekyo

Reaction score
I wish they would have continued the beveling instead of leaving the forearm area at a soft bend, but man that is hot

Understandable, but in terms of comfort I think we'll prefer this because or arm is going to cover it, so in terms of looks it won't be as noticeable anyway, yet we'll always feel it because most people anchor their arm anyway.

Anybody notice that the pick ups have seven poles :p? It's a seven string (well you could have counted the strings to get the same conclusion).

I hope the hipshot bridges will come in more than black. Silver, here I come.

Insinfier

Reaction score
Hipshot Headless System is available in gold, black and chrome in the Hipshot store. You can expect Carvin to have all of them.

However...

4h600g.jpg

Gold has black saddles.

Mangekyo

Reaction score
Do they have chrome saddles? If the saddles are black.... I'd probably just go with black hardware :/ the "two tone" effect works good on some guitars. I could see it going well with gunmetal gray but...

I think I'm going white for this one.

Blood Tempest

Eschaton Mémoire
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm gonna order one with two opt 50s:

1. It's gonna be standard scale length, maybe Gibson length.
2. It's gonna have a headstock.

/trolling

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
The sides on that headless bridge have always looked uncomfortable to me. Why are they so unnecessarily high?

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
The sides on that headless bridge have always looked uncomfortable to me. Why are they so unnecessarily high?

While that wouldn't bother me, my first thought seeing that bridge was how could SSO love that bridge while going completely nuts over the edges of the original Ibanez Gibraltar bridge.

')