Carvin Vader

• Thread starter jc986
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

FrancescoFiligoi

Guitarist in Within Destruction / Abiogenesis
Reaction score
The orange is my new 8 string, I can't freakinnnn wait!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Santuzzo

Reaction score
Oh, it's no less valid than my scale-length issues, don't get me wrong, haha, just not one I was expecting - usually it's the opposite complaint, is all!

On the bright side, I don't see why this neck would be treated any differently than any other Carvin neck... you've typically got the option for unfinished, IIRC.

You the option to get tongue-oil or satin finish on the back of all Carvin necks.

stop it guys, please, I was kinda glad to have found a reason NOT to buy this.... :lol:

but seriously, for some reason I prefer bolt-on necks.

illimmigrant

A Different Logic
Reaction score
I'll wait and see if Carvin puts out a 24 feet bolt like the C66. I really like my 727, but I'm gasing for a 6. Also waiting on the Misha sig price....

InfestedRabite

Reaction score
carvin is way too ruthless with the international redirects on their site eh

anyway i'm keen, this could be an end of year purchase for me if things go well financially

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Glad they did the cut off the top on the arm contour instead of a real drop top, it'll save me money if I go to buy one of these :lol:

That said there are a lot of things I will buy before buying one of these :2c:

atticus1088

Reaction score
Glad they did the cut off the top on the arm contour instead of a real drop top, it'll save me money if I go to buy one of these :lol:

Completely agree. I really dig that flamed trans black 6, but that cutoff is pretty odd.

I've always wanted a flamed maple body.....

BigViolin

...---...
Reaction score
Lol, I just noticed that Carvin is using the Jcustom headpieces on the 6 string models instead of the Hipshot version.

Curious how this will shake out. The headpiece on the 7 and 8 look odd to me in these pics. I think the hipshot will accept both plain and double ball strings. I sure hope so.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
The black one reminds me of a waaaaay less douchey version of the Steinberger Demon.

P_SteinDemonTrans.jpg

celticelk

Reaction score
Curious how this will shake out. The headpiece on the 7 and 8 look odd to me in these pics. I think the hipshot will accept both plain and double ball strings. I sure hope so.

It's the Hipshot headpiece, which apparently will accept double-ball strings, but since no one makes them in gauges heavier than .050 or thereabouts, or long enough to accommodate a 27" scale, I don't see why it would matter.

travis bickle

Reaction score
Can't wait for the reviews to start pouring in, I'm very interested in this instrument. i may even opt for the 8 string version.

Mike

Reaction score
Wasn't it 2 days left in the countdown yesterday? Guess they said, "Fvck it, no matter which part we show they'll know its headless, just give em the whole damn thing Karl"

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Change of plans. I want Francesco's!!

And is it just me or does the 8 string look the best proportioned?

HurrDurr

Lord of all Things
Reaction score
It's the Hipshot headpiece, which apparently will accept double-ball strings, but since no one makes them in gauges heavier than .050 or thereabouts, or long enough to accommodate a 27" scale, I don't see why it would matter.

Well, there is that 12-68 set that Steinberger makes, but I'm almost positive their TranScale's are 28 5/8" like that Demon posted above.

Insinfier

Reaction score
I really wanted one of Steinberger's Transcales whateveritscalled, but I couldn't find a reliable source for the double ball baritone sets. All the double ball sets I found were really light.

Electric Wizard

it's my first day
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. Seems less pointy than the others.

Hope we get some pricing info soon. Pretty interested, although I'm a little concerned with how it will feel in the classical position. Seems like you'd have the bridge and strap button poking your leg.

HurrDurr

Lord of all Things
Reaction score
I really wanted one of Steinberger's Transcales whateveritscalled, but I couldn't find a reliable source for the double ball baritone sets. All the double ball sets I found were really light.

The internet has a plethora of market places ready and willing to sell you sets. Their heavy-gauge 'baritone set' is about $10 USD.

stevexc

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. Seems less pointy than the others.

Hope we get some pricing info soon. Pretty interested, although I'm a little concerned with how it will feel in the classical position. Seems like you'd have the bridge and strap button poking your leg.

I could be wrong (shocker) but with the reduced size of the guitar I'd think one would be more comfortable playing it suspended from a strap rather than resting on your lap.

I'm still think it'll be priced around the same as the Holdsworth, maybe a bit less... assuming it gets released as a normal Carvin model and/or follows Carvin's typical pricing.

Francesco, can you give us a ballpark on yours?

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score

I was actually thinking it looks the worst proportioned. :lol:

It seems like they designed the shape on the 7-string model, and then just added a string for the 8, and took one away for the 6.

')