Carvin Vader

• Thread starter jc986
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Overtone

Reaction score
I'd really like to see the back of the headpiece to see if here's a big square block thing there or if the beck goes down smoothly to the headpiece. I hate the big square blocks of wood on headless guitars.

On the HH it's just the regular neck profile all the way to the end.

shanejohnson02

Hammer of the Gods
Reaction score
I might be down for this. I've been variably wanting a DC700, SCB7, or CT7 as my next electric at different times, recently. There's just so many options!

BUT, I can handle the 27" scale, and the chambered body may just seal the deal. It seems like a poor (but not that poor) man's Chris Letchford sig.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
Even though chambered is nothing new on a neck through guitar (Mayones always chambers their mahogany Regius and always has FYI), now someone can order two identical guitars, one chambered and one not and note noticeable differences in tone

Forkface

Feast on this.
Reaction score
holy shit Carvin's international webpage fucking sucks lmao.

thanks to whoever posted the printscreens or whatever to the thread. I might get one after all, looks good. I don't like how the top suddenly disappears on the arm contour, so I'm heavily considering a solid color, but other than that, specs are pretty much on point.

BigViolin

...---...
Reaction score
It's the Hipshot headpiece, which apparently will accept double-ball strings, but since no one makes them in gauges heavier than .050 or thereabouts, or long enough to accommodate a 27" scale, I don't see why it would matter.

Good point, hopefully that changes if the market expands. I think recently La Bella brought back a set because of customer requests. I use them on my HH and love them. I'm encouraged as someone like d'addario or GHS who are already tooled up to make them wouldn't have to start from scratch.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
That's the first Carvin that really catches my eye but with their EU pricing model (using distributors that hijack the prices like mad) I think I'll still pass.

gigawhat

All 6s and 7s
Reaction score
Its nice, I'd love to buy one, Ive been wanting a headless seven for years. But of course it would be unplayable for me for longer than a couple of minutes without being in incredible pain. Now I get to sit here while everyone is so excited and watch all the NGDs that I cant join in. :noway:

Great job on making exactly what I want Carvin, and then adding the one spec I cant live with. Its almost like you DONT want my or a ton of other people's money, because if you did having such a requested model available in ONLY baritone is stupid beyond belief. Im seriously super pissed at this. Guess instead of giving Carvin $3k like I was going to, Ill just continue saving for a Strandberg, because after this Troll-of-the-Year, Im not buying ANY Carvin till they release this in 25.5, at least for 6 & 7 string.

/Bitchy & Whiny Rant.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
The base price on these is going to be higher than the base price of the regular DC series to account for the hardware. That's what the Carvin guys said. Not sure what it is (that remains to be seen) but it will be higher. Ugh. I really want an identical one to that orange one, but I also need another guitar like I need another hole in my head. And I suck at selling stuff, because I can't part with anything.

celticelk

Reaction score
^^^ A $200 premium over the equivalent DCx00 model seems a reasonable guess as a starting point - someone a ways back in the thread calculated that as the difference between the DC hardware costs and the Vader hardware costs, and while the margin is probably a bit lower at wholesale prices, I imagine it's in that ballpark.

')