Carvin Vader

• Thread starter jc986
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
^I'm thinking it'll feel slightly less uncomfortable than an old Tele ashtray bridge with the saddles bottomed out.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MatthewK

Reaction score
The only reason tele ashtrays bother me is because the sides extend into the picking area of the strings. I'm over the 27" scale thing. The fact that it's headless should alleviate most of my issues with scale length, such as neck heaviness.

celticelk

Reaction score
I can't begin to think of a number of posts where people have bitched and moaned about guitars only available in a standard scale length. Now, you have that 2.5", more bitching and moaning. You guys are unsatisfiable.haha

There's a contingent of players that prefer standard scales, and a contingent of players that prefer extended scales. If you release a new model with a single scale length, *somebody's* gonna bitch about it. The extended-scale guys simply have more opportunities to bitch.

ferret

Reaction score
Instagram

Video of that orange V8. You can see how the end of the neck looks a couple of times.

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
What's the arm contour like on these? Is it super dramatic? I hope so, and I ask because in that video it looks like dude's arm is resting at a pretty significant angle, which is something I go for.

hardvalve

Reaction score
I am very excited by this, exactly what I am looking for in a 6 string. Would a tremolo be nice, yes, but not a deal breaker. I saw some speculation on prices, is there an actual price list yet, haven't seen one?

I have to say Carvin has been listening to their customers, and gone from a company that was a novelty to me, to a real viable option. I have been close to buying the HH2 a few times, but really wanted a longer scale. Never tried the Hipshot headless, but their tuners and fixed bridge I have are outstanding.

InfestedRabite

Reaction score
didn't see this pic posted

M4gh7YA.jpg

if you look real closely you can see my wallet opening up in the background

weirdoku

Reaction score
Ha. The front side of the green and orange one definitely hasn't been photoshopped to look brighter have they now? :rolleyes: You can clearly see they line at the edge of the body and at the contours.

I'm looking at that Hipshot bridge some more... has anyone ever tried it? Is it comfortable?

The edges on it are giving me nightmares about that original Ibanez Gibraltar bridge with the huge ass shoulders;

M0tFlgq.jpg

I guess if worse comes to worst, one could use an angle grinder to take the edge off...

I had an Iron Label with that bridge, hated it. I've now stripped that guitar for parts. That's much much I hated it.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Not sure why they would photoshop them to make them brighter. It's the brightness that seems to turn most people off of those colors.

So how are they doing the pain edge on the forearm bevel? They've said before that if you want a clear natural back and painted top (or vice versa) you need a separate top wood so the ladies in the masking department have a guide to place the masking tape. But if the forearm bevel cuts through the top wood, does that mean some backwood will show and the paint will stop there?

decreebass

Business Secrets of the Pharoahs
Reaction score
didn't see this pic posted

M4gh7YA.jpg

if you look real closely you can see my wallet opening up in the background

In this pic it looks VERY much like a JPX BFR (PDN run maybe?) - This is so beautiful that it's made me reconsider maybe going for a fancy top after all... Although, the forearm cut (and associated polarizing aesthetics) are suspiciously outta sight... I'd love to see this from a few different angles.

Maybe, given the forearm cut, the top would have to be dark so the cut doesn't give such an abrupt cut to the topwood.

We'll see.

youngthrasher9

Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain
Reaction score
Anyone know about how much these things will be going for?

And on the subject of that Ibanez bridge that everybody seems to bitch about: I have a guitar with one and I actually love it. Maybe I'm the minority.

*cue Eric Cartman Minorities song*

geofreesun

Reaction score
with the all new kiesel branding i think these might carry a (much) higher price tag? we will know in a few days~

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I actually like the back wood showing though in forearm cuts. But I generally prefer an attempt be made to highlight the difference, like leave it natural, paint it a different color, etc. I'd rock that flamed blue top if the back (and therefore forearm contour) was natural.

ferret

Reaction score
I actually like the back wood showing though in forearm cuts. But I generally prefer an attempt be made to highlight the difference, like leave it natural, paint it a different color, etc. I'd rock that flamed blue top if the back (and therefore forearm contour) was natural.

I was thinking that I'd prefer it with a slight curve, so it's not an abrupt edge. Akin to the SCB, of course.

decreebass

Business Secrets of the Pharoahs
Reaction score
Nope. Nothing but speculation at this point. People are assuming it's going to be pretty close to the DC pricing scheme. I doubt base price for the V8 will be more than $1200. Fingers crossed.

Electric Wizard

it's my first day
Reaction score
So how are they doing the pain edge on the forearm bevel? They've said before that if you want a clear natural back and painted top (or vice versa) you need a separate top wood so the ladies in the masking department have a guide to place the masking tape. But if the forearm bevel cuts through the top wood, does that mean some backwood will show and the paint will stop there?
I got curious as to what an unpainted bevel with the body wood showing would look like. I kinda like it, kinda don't. Probably better with a rounded bevel.

v9vmi10.jpg

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
with the all new kiesel branding i think these might carry a (much) higher price tag? we will know in a few days~

That's already been debunked. Carvin (don't recall if it was Jeff Kiesel himself or one of the customer support folks like Chris) stated Kiesel logos are applied to builds that are special/different due to an Option 50. It is not supposed to have anything to do with being synonymous with substantially-higher pricing whatsoever. They said they'll announce the pricing soon but speculating that it's more expensive due to the Kiesel logo is incorrect, it's not a "Kiesel Edition" just because it has the Kiesel logo. Kiesel Editions are the ones that are way more expensive than standard Carvins. ;)

')