Carvin Vader

• Thread starter jc986
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

decreebass

Business Secrets of the Pharoahs
Reaction score
That's already been debunked. Carvin (don't recall if it was Jeff Kiesel himself or one of the customer support folks like Chris) stated Kiesel logos are applied to builds that are special/different due to an Option 50. It is not supposed to have anything to do with being synonymous with substantially-higher pricing whatsoever. They said they'll announce the pricing soon but speculating that it's more expensive due to the Kiesel logo is incorrect, it's not a "Kiesel Edition" just because it has the Kiesel logo. Kiesel Editions are the ones that are way more expensive than standard Carvins. ;)

Sounds like they're taking a page out of EBMM's book; where "BFR" really doesn't mean anything unless it's in the title (since my JP13 is apparently a BFR according to the neck plate, but it's not a BFR as in "JP13 BFR" - though I have heard someone selling their standard JP13 as a 'JP13 BFR'...) so that You will have your Vader V8 which has the Kiesel branding but then the next guy will have a Vader V8 Kiesel Edition which also has the Kiesel branding and is personally built by Jeff & Mark and is (as a rule) a much more aesthetically pleasing instrument.

Anyway, clear as mud, right?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Richie666

Reaction score
Any word on if there will be a lefty model available?

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
Any word on if there will be a lefty model available?

Pretty sure it was confirmed in this thread recently that there will be, but I'm not positive.

So I've pretty much made it up in my mind that I'm getting one of these, dependent on price. Time to actually use my carvin card after having it for a year.

Mangekyo

Reaction score
I'm sure all of you have been waiting for my say on the reveal and things. Here it goes.

I definitely like the look of the guitar in the vertical position, a little less in the horizontal position (which is how it's going to look 95% of the time) not that this point matters, I'm just weird like that.

I also think that the 8 string version looks the best in terms of proportions, but I'll have to see more pictures of each model to make an absolute statement about my opinion on that.

Anyone else like how the V8 model looks like it has the colors of V8 veggie drinks? :p

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
Oh shit, just got approved for a credit card that gathers cash back points, and has 15 months of no interest. My wallet is now spring loaded. Take my god damn money, Carvin!

Mangekyo

Reaction score
Oh, there is one point of concern for me though.

The huge different between the edges of the bridge and the body of the guitar. I rest my wrist RIGHT across my floyd and the body of my guitar so I can easily and quickly shift from palm mutes to non palm mutes. Resting my wrist on the bridge DOES NOT seem like an option with this guitar. That's the only concern I have here.

As for wanting a a figured top on this guitar, I'm imagine a large portion of people would be content ordering their vader with black back/sides or even black burst edges to "cover up" the forearm cut off point.

9713_Carvin1_1.jpg

The body wood would probably be painted black (which would probably include that front area) and you'd have a figured top with the color of your choice (or lack of). It probably doesn't look back like that. In fact the V6 model on that picture has exactly what I am talking about except I think that corner is trans black and not regular black.

Mangekyo

Reaction score
Maybe carvin will pop out a harp guitar, we can have a headless bass and guitar in one.

decreebass

Reaction score
Well, it looks like the hype is over for now...

Carvin should release the price like The Price Is Right; give us one digit a day and let us speculate on where it belongs in the price. Or something to do with Plinko...

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Well, given that the headpiece is custom and the tailpiece is about $300 more than the regular hipshot bridge, I'm going to do simple math here and say the headpiece and tuners roughly cancel each other out, and the $300 is added to give a price of...

$1299 base!

Anyone else care to weigh in? I'm thinking $1299 to $1399, but hoping for the lower of the two. Either way, it's still a helluva deal. Fully spec'd I don't think I'd hit $2000.

teamSKDM

Reaction score
Im thinking itll be tge same price as an hh2, because if my memory serves me right i believe the headless hardware from hipshot ia actually slightly cheaper than the bridges from the hh2, maybe theyre the same price i cant remember. Ill look it up when im home

decreebass

Reaction score
Damn. In that case, I'm sure fully-spec'd I'm gonna be North of $2.3k.

It's gonna be worth it though.

Although, this will be the first time I'll have a chance to actually play the thing before I buy it. I bet at their NAMM booth they're gonna have both chambered and solid body options. Definitely going for chambered... Definitely maybe. Hopefully it won't add too much to the cost. SS frets & other options + fancy top + chambering = probably pretty pricey.

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
I'm hoping to get away with spending $1500, give or take a little. Save for color, and God willing a quilt top, I'll probably just leave it stock. I am not a very particular person when it comes to specs.

teamSKDM

Reaction score
Burl maple top ash body walnut neck all dyed black black blackkk all black errrrthangggg.

')