Carvin Vader

• Thread starter jc986
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
What the hell is wrong with leaving it as is or slightly more formalizing it as the Private Stock equivalent?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I'm still guessing that the standard option guitars will still be named Carvin, but Option 50'd stuff and the Kiesel Edition guitars will have the Kiesel logo.

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
That's weird. The way it was worded in the beginning had me confused. I'll have to watch it later when I can pay attention. Still just sounds like a pride thing, wanting to begin using the name they never wanted to abandon. I can dig it.

powerofze

Murse
Reaction score
That's what I thought initially (like what they are doing right now) until they started mentioning Kiesel guitars and Kiesel editions as separate entities.

So my understanding is that there will be Carvin, Kiesel and Kiesel Edition. Either that or I am very confused

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
to attempt to clear it up. From the website
img.jpg

Mike

Reaction score
I'm still guessing that the standard option guitars will still be named Carvin, but Option 50'd stuff and the Kiesel Edition guitars will have the Kiesel logo.

That's pretty much what it is. Kiesel stuff will have to be special in one way or another (Specific models, Option 50's, special attention to detail, and Jeff's hands on work) to get the label. Carvin labeled stuff will be the same quality as always (or better than the past anyway because of new machines, tech, etc.), just minus all the extra bells and whistles.

Brings up the question though, how many option 50's does it take to get to the center of a Kiesel pop? I don't think just a single volume knob and 1 pickup config are necessarily going to be crazy enough to consider it Kieselized.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Seems strange to me, but not nearly as bad as the ESP/EII nonsense.

But definitely after seeing them side-by-side: PLEASE Carvin/Kiesel/Whoever redesign the top horn of the DC700 to look more like the Vader. Currently it look just wrong IMHO.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
All I want is a price for the Vader so I can make my final decision :lol:

Hurry up NAMM I need to do some budgeting soon

ferret

Reaction score

But for some reason, they still seem to be refusing to clearly explain it :/

Jake's pictures made it even more unclear to me. Is the SCB line now officially "Kiesel" and not "Carvin" at all? What is a "Special Kiesel Designed Carvin"? How is it different from a "Kiesel Model" and a "Kiesel Edition"?

stevexc

Reaction score
But for some reason, they still seem to be refusing to clearly explain it :/

Jake's pictures made it even more unclear to me. Is the SCB line now officially "Kiesel" and not "Carvin" at all? What is a "Special Kiesel Designed Carvin"? How is it different from a "Kiesel Model" and a "Kiesel Edition"?

From the other Carvin thread:

Jeff from Facebook: "Let me chime in here and hopefully clear some confusion up. Me and my dad (Mark Kiesel) have split off from the rest of the family. We have been running the Guitar division here since 1970 (my dad has) we now own both Carvin Guitars and Kiesel Guitars . The Carvin Guitars line will continue with no changes, they are still Carvin Guitars models with Carvin logos. The only Carvin Guitars models that are re branded as Kiesel Guitars are: SCB6, SCB7 and the NZ624. At NAMM this week we are launching new Carvin Guitars and new Kiesel Guitars models. The prices are not going up, actually on some models they are going down slightly. I know this is a lot to take in and we tried to do the best we could on the video explaining it. Bottom Line, the Carvin Guitars quality you know and love is only going to keep getting better and we have added some Kiesel Guitars branded models to the line. Carvin Amplifiers and Audio will be ran by the other half of the Kiesel family."

TL;DR Carvin Guitars stays the same, except it loses the SCB6/7 and NZ624 models. Kiesel Guitars will now produce those, Vader, the new what's his name sig, etc. Both have more models coming. Prices unaffected, potentially going down. "Kiesel Editions" will be super fancied up guitars, distinct from standard Kiesel Guitars.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
If I were to guess, a Special Kiesel Designed is a guitar specced by the Kiesel family. Basically pre-built guitars you can buy from the site. and a Kiesel Edition is just that; a Kiesel Edition where you add the $2k extra and get whatever you want. And the Ultra Custom is Option 50, I believe?

I guess the best way to sum it up is that anything not standard is a Kiesel guitar.

ferret

Reaction score
lol I know, that was my post.

Still a lot unexplained. For example, CS624 is still a "Carvin" model. The newly posted page Jake's image is from now suggests that there are options locked behind the "Kiesel" brand. For example, trans white.

So before, I'd order a CS624, and pay $200 for transwhite. Can I still do that? Or do I now have to first pay another upcharge to make my "Carvin CS624" a "Special Kiesel Designed Carvin CS624"?

Etc. It's important, because I'm literally a couple weeks from throwing cash at them.

HaloHat

Baritones
Reaction score
Seattle WA. & Richfield, UT. & Valencia, Spain
I don't care if it is a Carvin or a Kiesel or whatever, just give us some pointy 7 option in 2015 :scream:

V or X220 style with 27" scale is one of the the three 7 strings I still lust after. Semi-Hollow seven and a seven string acoustic-electric are the other two.

I'm one of those people who actually buy what they ask for, so please Carvin/Kiesel.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The only thing I care about in all of that: are the Kiesel Racing Green and Orange colors available on Carvin models :lol:

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
From what I've been able to see, it seems as though anything re-branded with the Kiesel name is anything that came out after Jeff took the reigns of the guitar side of things and things he came up with, including new models (SCB6 and 7, for example), new options (trans-white, color-treated boards, etc.), and any particular guitar that gets pimped out enough with unique options (option 50), judged by their standards, of course. I suppose one could ask for specifics once one places the order. I'd just ask "I want/don't want my instrument to bear the Kiesel name. What do I/don't I need on this instrument to make it so?"

')