Carvin Vader

• Thread starter jc986
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
Most of the people who violently opposed it have already mentioned hearing about it. It was sort of only quietly mentioned though.

I gave up following any of the three threads after we saw the launch pictures, because I was never going to buy one anyway :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
How have some of you guys ordered these? I don't see anything letting me do so on their website, and I can't seem to find that info in this thread.

ferret

Reaction score
Preorder, really. But it's in the system. :)

Word is the webpage updates go live Feb 1st, and (non-preorder) call-in orders Feb 2nd when they open.

ferret

Reaction score

Short Vader 7 with Kiesel pickups demo in this one by Carvin's head tech Albert.

BenEllerGuitars

Reaction score
Played on a couple Vader's at NAMM, they felt really comfy! Body balanced nicely, neck profile was nice and flat on the back... nothing bad to say about it!

fortisursus

Reaction score
To pre order just call them. They take your name/info and as ferret mentioned they will call you on the february 2nd.

HaloHat

Baritones
Reaction score
Seattle WA. & Richfield, UT. & Valencia, Spain
I did not know that was an option, thanks guys!

Hey metalstrike I see you are in San Diego. The wood broker I use [excellent!] is in Carlsbad. You could drive over and pick the wood out yourself you lucky dog! No shipping to pay either! :yesway:

Kenny and Marty Talcove
Tropical Exotic Hardwoods
2270-C Camino Vida Roble
Carlsbad, CA 92011
Tropical Exotic Hardwoods

welcome to the forum spud :)

ferret

Reaction score
Chokey is correct. 20% deposit is required before the build will start. I do not know if they allow you to place an order but not deposit till a later date. (I'd suspect not)

HaloHat

Baritones
Reaction score
Seattle WA. & Richfield, UT. & Valencia, Spain
Chokey is correct. 20% deposit is required before the build will start. I do not know if they allow you to place an order but not deposit till a later date. (I'd suspect not)

I may be incorrect, I don't work at Carvin/Kiesel, but I think the 20% down is only for "stock" or non-op50 builds. If doing a non-stock, op50 type order I believe Carvin/Kiesel requires payment in full at order time.

Many years ago, like at least 5 years ago, I was offered 50% down on an op50 build however the last two guitars I had built from Carvin, both within the last year [two DC7X's] requred payment in full up front. Wasn't a issue just FYI and of course call your Carvin/Kiesel salesperson to make sure.

ferret

Reaction score
No, you're right. Going "off-builder" can increase the deposit. Jeff had me do around 33% on my SCB6, which had 3PB on it and he picked the top himself.

But... on the flip side... my opt-50 color on Vader 6 was still 20% deposit.

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
Also, you can apparently make the final payment whenever you want, not just when it's completed, which is the method I'm doing.

hardvalve

Reaction score
I may be incorrect, I don't work at Carvin/Kiesel, but I think the 20% down is only for "stock" or non-op50 builds. If doing a non-stock, op50 type order I believe Carvin/Kiesel requires payment in full at order time.

Many years ago, like at least 5 years ago, I was offered 50% down on an op50 build however the last two guitars I had built from Carvin, both within the last year [two DC7X's] requred payment in full up front. Wasn't a issue just FYI and of course call your Carvin/Kiesel salesperson to make sure.

Okay, thanks. Either way, just have to figure out to hide more from the wife now, or later.....:lol:

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

Reaction score
It's been a while since I have posted on this forum.

HNGGNNNGNGH glad this was my first post in a bit.

I need....

ALL OF THIS STOOF.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
My opt 50 color ST300T (also opt 50 with one piece quilt top, direct mount pickups) was also a higher percentage, if I recall around 50% minimum. I ended up paying full because I saw the CAD dropping fast, like 3 cents within a month so I decided to not risk letting it run another 4 months. If I order another Carvin this year, I'll be sure to do the same.

')