Carvin Vader

• Thread starter jc986
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

olejason

Reaction score
"What's up guys Jeff Kiesel here with Kiesel Guitars Carvin Guitars with an awesome Kiesel Guitars Vader triple neck piece of crap. #Kiesel #Carvin #Guys #Vader #EdHardy"

But seriously that thing is utterly horrendous. The Vader is a cool design. They should just ban Jeff Kiesel from picking specs for anything.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
hahaha, thats hilarious.

Kinda pointless though, since an 8 string already contains a 7 string and a 6 string.

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
What in God's creation...

11540876_1605402876409675_5439182405937826676_o.jpg

11692664_1605736933042936_7117315632748668876_n.jpg

Yup, that thing was made for the fourth of July. (Red white and blue.) I think it's great in all the worst possible ways. Fits the theme of our country pretty well. Excessive and unnecessary. Done only because it could be, not because it should be. Like the chicken sandwich that used two pieces of chicken for buns. God bless America!

fusion1

Reaction score
Yeah, I was about to say, Vader cabs did it.. haha

That\s what I was expecting a jhoint venture between Carvin and Vader cabs. At least that was what I was hoping for. So there is a separate company that makes guitars also called Vader? Kind of like Framus where tyhere are 2 separate companies and one makes guitars and the other makes amps but they are not related. STRANGE!!!!

Quitty

Hates 'mojo'
Reaction score
Just got my Vader.

Tomer%252527s%252520Vader%252520%2525281%252529.JPG

Setup was perfect, despite the fact that it just sat at Carvin's for a month before shipping to NY, and from NY here. Playability is amazing, and i'm coming over from a DC-727.
It's also silly small. Feels like everything's shifted sideways from where i expect it to be. Will take a little getting used to. 27" is the bees knees.
The case is phenomenal and the streaking on the ebony is stunning. It actually looks much better in person than it does in the pics.

Will post an NGD with a more comprehensive review and some clips tomorrow.

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
So, my guitar finally started doing the metallic "ping" at the zero fret. I likely never noticed it before because it only really happens when I bend the high plain strings excessively at the first 2-3 frets.

Also, I'm surprised anyone was worked up about it at all. It can't be heard through the amp at all, and it certainly doesn't seem intrusive to me. Just figured I'd let folks know that I finally noticed it.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So, my guitar finally started doing the metallic "ping" at the zero fret. I likely never noticed it before because it only really happens when I bend the high plain strings excessively at the first 2-3 frets.

Also, I'm surprised anyone was worked up about it at all. It can't be heard through the amp at all, and it certainly doesn't seem intrusive to me. Just figured I'd let folks know that I finally noticed it.

I think folks are more concerned about the issue in the long term, seeing as Carvin doesn't have a national dealer/repair network to take care of it.

ferret

Reaction score
I think folks are more concerned about the issue in the long term, seeing as Carvin doesn't have a national dealer/repair network to take care of it.

As well as degree of the issue being quite variable. Some people have had it happen on bends even towards the 9th fret and higher, and others have had it appear in the first few hours of play.

If it took a couple of months to appear and only happens on 2-3 frets for you, yeah, it'll seem pretty minor. But if it happened in the first week and was 7-9 frets you feel a little different on the topic.

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score

I can see that. I can also see why people wouldn't appreciate issues so soon on a 1k+ guitar. Personally though, its a non issue for me provided the sound stays out of the amplified sound. (Which ties into the "long term" thing you mentioned.)

Edited for clarity.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity do the Vaders typically come with a tool kit or anything? All mine had with it was a single sheet in the case on caring for the guitar.

ferret

Reaction score
There should be a set of hex wenches in the front pocket.

Quitty

Hates 'mojo'
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity do the Vaders typically come with a tool kit or anything? All mine had with it was a single sheet in the case on caring for the guitar.
I actually emailed them about it, as my 727 came with certificates and a spec-sheet.

Everything is in Kiesel/Carvin's computers. No papers other than the one you received and the aforementioned Allen wrenches (4 of them, IIRC).

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't get any hex keys, but I got mine second hand. Just wondering. Doesn't matter as I have plenty of them.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
I know its not a 7 string, but there are Vader basses incoming. Info on the FB Jeff Kiesel page

Jeff Kiesel "I gave my guys the go ahead to post it on the Kiesel Guitars Carvin Guitars page, so there is more info. Yes the Vader Bass is here 4/5/6 string in a 34" scale standard and check this out optional short 30" scale for them"

Stuck_in_a_dream

Reaction score
I know its not a 7 string, but there are Vader basses incoming. Info on the FB Jeff Kiesel page

I just saw the photo, the Vader bass has no zero fret!!! Just a regular nut fitted to the headless system. Is this a new design to fix the zero fret buzz/ping issue? Will it be available on the Vader guitars as well?

Latest posts

')