Cats Vs Dogs

• Thread starter Najka
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

redstone

Reaction score
Prefer cats. They're generally less intrusive, though their motives are wrong, the result is more right and I'm very sensible to what's right.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jakke

Pretty wisdomous
Reaction score
I grew up with both cats and dogs, which makes me an expert in all these matters.:yesway:
I have to say that I prefer dogs, they are a more intelligent animal*, generally more useful (as dogs where I come from are used for hunting), and cuddlier. I have also never encountered a cat that did not have some unpleasant personality quirk, one of the cats my parents has right now could for example never eat without dropping wet food pellets into my slippers.
I'm also a large man (length-wise, 6'7"), and I like to have an animal that is as close as possible to a size closer to me. I could of course get a puma, but they're a bitch to get housebroken.

*Dogs are in fact generally more intelligent than cats, despite that cats look smarter, and are generally seen as smarter than dogs. Dogs are generally just below elephant-level intelligence, which is pretty damn bright, while cats are just above horses and sheep.
Cat-fanaticism is a cult in many ways.. One of the traits they have in common with religious fundies and rabid feminists is that they deny biological research, and therefore deny that the fuzzy little creatures they have attached their ego to are in some way "inferior" to man's best friend.

Just a little something I think about when I encounter cat-worship. Intelligence has close to zero importance when it comes to enjoying a pet, but I grow tired of the bullshit.

I love Grumpy Cat though:lol:

The_Mop

Want to make $60?
Reaction score
The thing that puts me off about dogs is the smell. All of my friends who own dogs, their whole house smells terribly. I'm guessing it's something most dog owners would get used to, but I lodged in a house for a while where the owners kept a dog and a cat. The whole house just stank of dog, and it wasn't even allowed upstairs. Couldn't quite get used to it. Was glad to leave the place :p

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
I love my kitty with all my heart, but I really really love doggies too. I guess I'll have to say it's a tie. As soon as my girl and I move to a bigger place where pets are allowed (our cat is technically not allowed in our building), we're getting a dog from a shelter. And I'm gonna love and cherish the shit outta that dog, because finally there'll be someone in the house I'm intellectually on par with, that doesn't make me feel dumb in comparison :lol:

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
Pictured: My mother and my sister stealing my dog's dignity over the holidays.

Shiner_zps4f22d9bd.jpg

BrownOwl

Reaction score
I like dogs. They are very playful and every day I go for a morning walk with my two dogs.

fortisursus

Reaction score
No contests. DOGS!!

Our cat is like a distant associate. Every once and awhile comes in to eat/sleep then disappears into the outdoor wilderness.

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

Reaction score
Cats.. only if you get them young so you can train them. Don't get female cats though. The females don't even have a quarter of the personality my males have.

The males will be more cuddly. I have one male who actually poses whenever he sees a camera. Females are like human females, way too emotionally volatile. My female cats are mean xD

Only have pics of the males.

Discoqueen

Dang tootin
Reaction score
I love both cats and dogs but if I could only have one or the other I'd say a dog over a cat any day. They just seem to have a super positive nature to them and always seem happy to interact with you (if not, though, get the fuck out of there!).

caskettheclown

Sexytime!
Reaction score
I prefer dogs but I really love cats. I grew up around both so i'm really comfortable with them.

When me and my girlfriend get our own place, we are going to have so many damn animals :D. One pug (For her), one english bulldog(For me) and an abundance of other animals!

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
Both. Cats are so much easier though IMO - they just do their thing and hang out when they want some attention. I'm definitely more of a cat guy, but I adore (and own) dogs as well.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
*Dogs are in fact generally more intelligent than cats, despite that cats look smarter, and are generally seen as smarter than dogs.

I'm convinced cats only seem smarter because they're too stupid to try anything that will make them look dumb for failing, whereas dogs are smart enough to try alot of things, only to look like idiots for mucking it all up :lol:.

I love both, incidentally.

')