CEO of EA resigns

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dommak89

Reaction score
http://v.cdn.cad-comic.com/comics/cad-20130320-c775d.png

This totally sums up, what I think about EA and especially Origin. BTW I still don't know why they hang on to the whole "you need to be online to play a game that does not even have an online mode"-attitude. It's not like hackers couldn't find a way to get around that. So it makes it harder and less easy for the customer and especially less convenient.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SpaseMoonkey

Reaction score
This totally sums up, what I think about EA and especially Origin. BTW I still don't know why they hang on to the whole "you need to be online to play a game that does not even have an online mode"-attitude. It's not like hackers couldn't find a way to get around that. So it makes it harder and less easy for the customer and especially less convenient.

Dude you ain't kidding. I bought Kingdoms Of Amalur, installed it asked me to sign in and what not via Origin. Well ended up giving it to my dad and had to find a stupid crack for the game, so you didn't have to be online. Talk about a very sad day, to be a gamer.

Reaction score
As I said, they aren't perfect and I don't support them completely. The whole "you have to pay to play online" is definitely their biggest downfall. I absolutely refuse to pay anything more than what I pay for xbox live to play online. They'll come around one of these days.

flexkill

Vodka & PentaTonic
Reaction score
Who can fuck with Madden(even though I don't play Madden regularly)

Well 2K Sports owned Maddens ass IMHO, then EA couldn't keep up so they bought the rights to be the only company to be able to make an NFL video game. That is when I knew EA was FUCKED!

This is another reason why you see little more than a roster change from year to year with Madden.....They don't give a shit because if you want to play an NFL video game it HAS to be Madden.

Reaction score
Well 2K Sports owned Maddens ass IMHO, then EA couldn't keep up so they bought the rights to be the only company to be able to make an NFL video game. That is when I knew EA was FUCKED!

This is another reason why you see little more than a roster change from year to year with Madden.....They don't give a shit because if you want to play an NFL video game it HAS to be Madden.

I will give you that because I have not played any of 2K's football games yet and you're one of my favorite posters here. I shall report back when I do try their football games. I really don't like football(american) games in general but I've never heard heard anyone mention 2K's football games before. So much so, that I'd forgotten they even made any. I do like Madden when with a bunch of people though. Very easy to pick up and play.

I will also say that 2K diarrhea'd in the mouths of the dev team for the NBA Live series. Also, I completely forgot that 2K makes EXCELLENT baseball games. 2K does work for sure, but until they make the statements Skate and EA MMA(which are more valuable to me than any of the primary "ball" sports) made, they still have work to do.

On that note, my next game purchases are going to be NBA 2K13 and MLB: the Show '13. :lol:

flexkill

Vodka & PentaTonic
Reaction score
I will give you that because I have not played any of 2K's football games yet and you're one of my favorite posters here. I shall report back when I do try their football games. I really don't like football(american) games in general but I've never heard heard anyone mention 2K's football games before. So much so, that I'd forgotten they even made any. I do like Madden when with a bunch of people though. Very easy to pick up and play.

I will also say that 2K diarrhea'd in the mouths of the dev team for the NBA Live series. Also, I completely forgot that 2K makes EXCELLENT baseball games. 2K does work for sure, but until they make the statements Skate and EA MMA(which are more valuable to me than any of the primary "ball" sports) made, they still have work to do.

On that note, my next game purchases are going to be NBA 2K13 and MLB: the Show '13. :lol:
I LOVE 2k sports....and NBA 2K series has been the shit. You will love NBA 2K13 .... only downfall is JayZ shitting all over the place....still a great game.

thedonal

Reaction score
Semi-related:

Holy fuck. :rofl:

So I got 2 mins in and thought Jeez-really?

I think EA really need a change of image- their changing business models to grip on to commerce as tightly as possible (online passes for second hand games buyers, online only single player games, purchasable upgrades etc) are alienating their customer base.

I can completely understand the gaming industry's concerns with both piracy and the changing face of online gaming.

The music industry was way too slow to react to the changing situation and missed big opportunities in online selling.

With the gaming industry being on the forefront of technology, it needs to learn real quick- not only about retaining business against illegal copying but keeping the gaming experience attractive and ultimately fun.

Buying a game that is tied to a server and won't work for weeks is a massive failure on so many levels, they need to do a complete u turn on this as soon as possible.

')