Ceriatone Gargoyle incoming (Fortin Meshuggah)

• Thread starter Zado
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zado

Reaction score
49937785_10218287985769208_3031653355085627392_n.jpg

50398015_10100498552039633_97800382469636096_n.jpg

Soon avaiable. Some say it's essentially similar to Cameron Atomica. Heavy 'Shall tones for days.

Do want.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Might want to actually credit FourT6and2's build you posted a photo of since that isn't a Ceriatone even though he used their chassis.... the Ceriatone isn't going to come with NOS components like the Mustard caps or Phillips chicklet...

Zado

Reaction score
Might want to actually credit FourT6and2's build you posted a photo of since that isn't a Ceriatone even though he used their chassis.... the Ceriatone isn't going to come with NOS components like the Mustard caps or Phillips chicklet...
Oppps, had no idea! Kudos to him then!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BigViolin

...---...
Reaction score
There's a joke in here somewhere about fear of modern currency transactions and special secret club membership.

Color me interested.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
TBH if it's based on the Atomica, that's even cooler. Probably my favorite of all the brown sound amps.

KnightBrolaire

mothman is real and stole my catalytic converter
Reaction score
what makes the atomica different from other jose modded marshall type amps?

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
what makes the atomica different from other jose modded marshall type amps?

I'm not sure, I just know I preferred the Atomica over the other brown amps like the CCV and the Brown Eye in the Axe FX. :lol:

I also always really dug clips of the Atomica's I've heard. It's a very tight and chugarrific amp.

I think the Atomica is the closest thing to a modern Jose Arredondo modded Marshall.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
All of the Jose variants are the same with minor variations... Atomica, Meshuggah, Chupacabra, Yeti, Cali, Ocean etc.

The Friedman is a bit different as it doesn't use the diode clipping on a pre-tone stack master volume, and the HBE is an additional tube gain stage in front (which is something Jose did on some of his amp mods).

FourT6and2

Reaction score
That's my build pictured not a Ceriatone. Ceriatone's version will be different in a bunch of ways. The one I built is slightly different from the Meshuggah. And yeah all these amps are the same rehashed design with small voicing changes here and there. But they sound good if you're into that sort of thing.

Last edited:

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
Got sent back down the Ceriatone rabbit hole and now I just wanna sell half my stuff and buy a Son of Yeti.

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
I don’t know jack about amps and EE but where are the tubes in the build in the OP?

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don’t know jack about amps and EE but where are the tubes in the build in the OP?

You can see the sockets in the photos... round brown things towards the top of the chassis. The two larger ones towards the right are the underside of the power tube sockets and the three smaller ones as you move left are the preamp tube sockets. The two round silver things are the back of the bias pots.

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
You can see the sockets in the photos... round brown things towards the top of the chassis. The two larger ones towards the right are the underside of the power tube sockets and the three smaller ones as you move left are the preamp tube sockets. The two round silver things are the back of the bias pots.

Oh word, so the whole thing as viewed in the pic is upside-down?