Changing EMGs

• Thread starter kam4ff
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kam4ff

Reaction score
I just bought a C7 with the EMG 707TW and Im wondering if there is a direct replacement pickup size wise that isnt an emg. any suggestions?

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
7 string Seymour Duncan Blackout Phase II, more organic, more gain, overall better but isn't splittable. Or you could have something custom made by quite a few makers out there, I got an EMG40 sized passive pickup with coiltap from Oni Guitars for my 8 string, sounds great :)

kam4ff

Reaction score
so I know that Seymour says they are a direct replacement but has anyone actually done this? I read the measurements and they arent exactly the same some are off by .003 or more, and Im just wondering whether thats actually going to be an issue. they would be going in a C7 Hellraiser in place of the EMG 707 with the coil tap.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kam4ff

Reaction score
those are all for eight strings. are you saying I could lay some pickup rings down and then Id be able to use passives? My question still remains about anyone who directly swapped 707s for Blackouts.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
those are all for eight strings. are you saying I could lay some pickup rings down and then Id be able to use passives? My question still remains about anyone who directly swapped 707s for Blackouts.

Search the forums - they are direct swaps for each other. Go take a look in the Pickup Forum - tons of EMG/Blackout threads. There's even a sticky at the top of the forum regarding blackouts and swapping them out.