Chapman ML-1 Norseman

• Thread starter michu123PL
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

big_aug

Reaction score
Looks nice. Would like to try one. I trade/sell a lot though, and I feel like these guitars are probably tough to move.

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score
I'd love to try this one. I've been jonesing fiercely for an ML3 Trad so I'll just add this to the list.

Side note, they should enlist the Norseman to do some demos of the range, he has a really cool style, reminded me a bit of Opeth.

Forkface

Feast on this.
Reaction score
I'd love to try this one. I've been jonesing fiercely for an ML3 Trad so I'll just add this to the list.

Side note, they should enlist the Norseman to do some demos of the range, he has a really cool style, reminded me a bit of Opeth.

wasn't he playing snippets of Opeth's songs? Also I'm fairly certain he played a Mastodon riff or two.

anyway, the guitar looks amazing, but I feel its a tad too shiny? maybe it was the lights or something.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Almost positive the riff he played at 4:00 was Divinations by Mastodon, just tuned up a step.

A-Branger

Reaction score
yeah he was plying Opeth

pretty cool looking guitars. /cool to see they are experimenting with some tops and colors.

Still waiting to see what they do with the carved top prototype they show on an old video

fr4nci2c0

Reaction score
Hear me out guys. I would love to see Chapman guitars grow and make guitars straight out of the UK! Imagine! it would be the Carvin of the UK. BTW i have never played a chapman guitar but deff dig em would love to get my hands on a ML2 in drop C!

michu123PL

Reaction score
Costs? As far as I remember the first ML-1 was made by Jaden Rose and while surely being nice, it cost over 1000 GBP and the idea behind Chapman Guitars was to make affordable guitars. They also made guitars briefly in China but due to inconsistencies in quality, they switched to Korea.

Speaking about the guitars, based solely on looks, I believe they could be a nice, more affordable alternative to Suhr's (never played a Chapman, nor a Suhr so I can't compare them in the quality/sound department).

TuffyKohler

sawdust generator
Reaction score
I've had a mahogany ML1 for awhile now. I would say the quality is about equal to the PRS SE's that I've had/have, and Riff City (site sponsor!) was awesome to deal with.

I would buy another Chapman, I like the mahogany neck on the Norseman.. gotta wait 90 days until they are available outside Norway:wallbash:

waiting for that Chapman baritone though.:hbang:

Fathand

Tube Snake Boogie
Reaction score
Gorgeous guitars, with just one glitch (for me). It's the same with all 24 fret double humbucker guitars, IMO the space between the fretboard and the bridge gets too crowded. One humbucker + single sized humbucker works better (like in the new Satriani models and the Greg Howe sigs).

But that's just me. :)

')