Chapman ML-7

Devyn Eclipse Nav

Avid Open C Enthusiast, Aspiring Ghibli Wizard
Reaction score
It is now happening, and not only that, but Keith Merrow is in on it, along with Fred Brum. The thread for suggesting specs for it is already 67 pages long on the Monkey Lord forums, and it seems this'll be interesting. It's already basically determined that it's gonna be a tele shape, so this should indeed be interesting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
Mr. Burns sure seemed to think so.

Like if you get it? Or don't, who am I kidding with the caring.

On topic; it's cool that Rob took to youtube and made something for himself.

Arnolox

Reaction score
Woo when I saw the unboxing of the new guitars I commented about the idea of a 7 string. Can't wait to hear them >:D

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
I approve of this. Really hoping for an Ash body, since I definitely think there is a void in the market for that.

Sam MJ

Tries to be helpful
Reaction score
Good swamp ash is hard to come by scince hurricane Katrina so it would probably be best not to use ash.

Personally I'd like it to be Sapele :)

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
I approve of this. Really hoping for an Ash body, since I definitely think there is a void in the market for that.

schecter-Lumis7FR.jpg

:lol:

jeremyb

Reaction score
Non swamp ash, ash is not a good thing, too heavy and trebly tone wise!

Devyn Eclipse Nav

Reaction score
If anything, my Ash-bodied guitar could definitely stand to be more trebley, they pickups in it blow! And besides, on a guitar where you're going to have thick, low tuned strings, wouldn't you want it to have a bit more high-end, so the low notes are more defined?

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hooray, it looks like it's gonna be another 24-fret, dual humbucker superstrat! Fuck yeah, progress! :hbang:

Devyn Eclipse Nav

Reaction score
Actually people are leaning more towards the tele side. It seems it's gonna be either a 25.5 or 26.5, maple neck tele, with a H-H setup and a coil tap.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Well, seeing as that is the ONLY Ash-bodied production 7-string (to my knowledge) currently available to regular consumers, I can only thank you for substantiating my point.

http://www.rondomusic.net/photos/electric/tc725mnnatash1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v104/enthauptet/gits/H207/blanket1.jpg

EDIT, I'll just link those, since they are obnoxiously large images.

I was actually substantiating your point, seeing as the Loomis I had was one of the best sounding and playing Lead Guitars I had ever laid hands on. Didn't like it much for Rhythms for the obvious tonal differences to a dark sounding Mahogany body.

But agreed, Ash needs some more representation, it's a phenomenal tone wood and can churn out some amazing tones. Hopefully everything goes according to plan with this Tele 7 string.

')