Chapman ML-7

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
It's an infinity symbol with thick and thin strokes. Look closely at most typography. The inlay looks perfect to me.

DT-09-final-infinity.png

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Minoin

Scientist
Reaction score
I don't see anything wrong with the inlay either. But it is indeed taking very long, hope Rob doesn't pull a "Majesty-ErnieBall-Tease-Fest" on us.

nikolix

Reaction score
If they coulf provide with a set neck for 700-800 euros with hipshot nice tunners and decent pickups i would definitely give my money to him.
The ml-2 looks of very good quality and ml-1 is awarded with something i think.

Brum and Merrow are definitely the guys for it.

Edika

Reaction score
The inlay seems fine to me too, see Darren's answer. Let's see the prototype first before we dissect the carcass :p.

Baggles

Reaction score
I was very excited about this when I first heard about it but it has taken too long, have they even gotten that BASS they were talking about out?

Last I heard the bass design is in the final stages. Information about it is only shared with the first 100 depositors.

sear

Reaction score
I forgot all about this. I thought they just killed the whole thing.
Creating a project like this takes a long time. There is tons of design work, prototyping, business details to work out, etc.

Friendroid

Reaction score
I came across Rob Chapman when the ML-1 came out. Only then I started to discover his youtube endeavors and it amazes me in a very positive way what he's been doing with his life/dream.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Yes! This is pretty exciting, and yeah it took quite some time for the ML-1 to come out, it didn't feel like that long for most of you because that was his first instrument. But when the idea first came up on Youtube it took quite some time for it to hit shelves. And Rob is a super cool and transparent guy, he's probably seething at the chance to show us the entire product!

inaudio

Hack Fraud
Reaction score
Apparently Chapman will be introducing 4 new models at NAMM. The two new sevens make an entrance ~5:30 :

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
The Hot Rod and the ML3 7 Tele are nice.

ElasticPancakes

Reaction score
I'm going to have to find someone in the UK to send these down to me. I really want to pick up the single pickup hot rod and the non tele 7 stringer. Sucks that they won't ship to South Africa...

DeathPaupiette

Master-baiter.
Reaction score
The headstock design on the ML7 start is awesome ! Not really digging the overall aestethics nor the sound though

Crabface

Reaction score
Overall quite promising imo.
I hate the Strat style ML-7, mainly because the natural finish with a mahogany top on chapman guitars is absolutely awful and makes them look cheep as .....
The ML3-7 and the hotrod look absolutely awesome though. Actually loving the natural finish on both of them and the specs look great.
Wasnt it voted that the top wood on the ml7 would be flamed maple though?

Also, im quite sure he mentioned that if there was enough demand he'd do a limited run with an evertune bridge. Nit sure if hes gonna go thiugh with that but if he does im gonna jump on that in an instant.

Latest posts

')