Chapman ML-7

Tisca

Big-tube snob
Reaction score
Haven't been following the progress but that ML3-7 looks good. Do we know the price point on these? Around ML3 price perhaps?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
I wonder what the price on the ML3-7 is going to be.

cip 123

Reaction score
This was just posted on Robs Facebook.

"Hi guys, exciting news update

Hotrod's & ML-2 Classics are in stock at Andertons now, they will be online Monday - so you could have one (or several) at your door on Tuesday. The Hotrod retails for £499 ($640 USA) and the Classic for £549 ($730 USA).

The Hotrod & Classic both include the CG hard case, the ML-7 comes with the CG gig bag.

The ML-7 S & T will both come without the black back - they will be all natural. I'm going to run a poll to ask what colour stains would be popular - so that will be up to you! They will be ready to preorder from Andertons on Monday - we have only ordered a very small quantity since E.R is a new market for us.

I am happy to announce that due to Chapman's unique "direct from retailer" approach and our Youtube focused sales & marketing method the ML-7 will retail for £499 - Anywhere else in the world they will be £400 plus local sales tax (For example USA Price $640).

Can't wait to see what you guys do with the Hotrod \m/

See you at NAMM

Rob"

stuglue

Reaction score
I spoke to Rob a couple of months ago, the aim with these guitars is to keep them as competitively priced as possible. The guitars are made in Korea.
They will be a decent price, having played on a couple i can vouch for the quality

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
Oh .... me sideways I love this.. The ML3-7 ended up essentially exactly how I wanted it, and the Hot Rod is literally the exact guitar I would order, if given total free reign.

Jakke

Pretty wisdomous
Reaction score
I really like how Chappers is a tinkerer (I would like to think I am too), which leads him to find things that just work.

I very much like the blackback, shame that it won't be stock.

Stijnson

Reaction score
I think the models look pretty awesome, and I think there is a whole in the market for a Tele shaped 7. Also love the headstock on the ML-7. But I wish the ML-7 would not be mahogany, like Chappers said, keeping it natural on the back seems to fit the genre of 7 string players. In my opinion the same goes for picking a slightly brighter body wood like alder, ash or basswood. But you can't have everything!
Can't wait for a proper demo on a tighter amp so you can hear the pick-up qualities a bit better. It sounded a bit muddy in the video.

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
Isn't the ML-3 like $600 - $700? I predict $800 - $1000.

I was thinking about one of these instead of the KM-7, However I don't think anything can top the KM-7 as a production guitar for 2014, at least in that price range.

Reaction score
Chapman ML7-T 7 String Electric Guitar | Andertons

Introducing the Chapman ML7-T, designed collaboratively by Chapman Guitar fans under the supervision of 7 string supremo Keith Merrow! Chapman's first foray into the 7 String guitar market show all of the hallmarks of the Chapman brand: no filler, all killer, with a huge emphasis on tone!
Constructed from Swamp Ash and finished natural, in keeping with the 7 string communities love for a bare-bones raw style, the ML7-T has a rich sparkling tone, loads of bite and definition and a warm tight low end - the perfect tonal basic for filthy distortion! Meanwhile the set-thru neck has the feel and playability of a thru neck but without the huge expense that it adds to a guitar, so you get great upper fret access and feel!
The Custom Pro 7 Alnico passive humbuckers have all the dynamic range you could want with lightning fast attack and awesome sustain.

Specs:
Swamp Ash Body
All natural finish (note photos currently show prototype with black back and sides)
Set thru neck
Hipshot hardware
Chapman Custom Pro 7 Alnico Passive Humbuckers
Neck depth at nut: 40mm
Neck depth at 12th: 52.1mm
Neck depth at 24th: 57.6
Scale length: 26.5 Inches
Includes gig bag

42891-ML7-T-3.JPG

Chapman ML7-S 7 String Electric Guitar | Andertons

42886-ml7-s-3.jpg

ML-7T looks promising for roughly 600 €

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Really like the ML-7T, reverse headstocks are so awesome. Nice hardware selection, would probably change the pickups out though.

Reaction score
Really like the ML-7T, reverse headstocks are so awesome. Nice hardware selection, would probably change the pickups out though.

Yeah, don't know how they sound, but MLs have always been a "customize it to death" guitar :D

Dayviewer

Mr. Djelecaster
Reaction score
I'm really hoping for different finnishes in the future, natural finnishes like this just don't do it for me.
Seem like great guitars though espescially for the price!

Latest posts

')