Chapman stick as chuggah instrument?

AlejoV

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I may get a Chapman Stick replica, and wondering if I could use it also as a chugging instrument, although I'm going to use it primarily for bass arrangments.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

stevexc

Reaction score
Ask Colin Marsten.

Though technically that's a Warr guitar and not a Chapman stick, they're similar in principal.

JustMac

ss not-so-regular
Reaction score
Do you literally mean cheeri00-000-0000-0000 core? If so I think a standard bass would tailor to your needs better. The pickups put in CS's are specifically made (Stickup and ACTV 2/4's) to be dynamic across the instruments range and very acoustic-sounding (listen to Tony Levin's solo work, to me that's the quintessential 'stick sound), and so the laser-tight, thick djent tone you may be looking for may not be there. Send link for the copy you're interested in, it might be a more metal-orientated on the conventional Chapman stick
I hope this helps :wavey:

AlejoV

Reaction score
Do you literally mean cheeri00-000-0000-0000 core? If so I think a standard bass would tailor to your needs better. The pickups put in CS's are specifically made (Stickup and ACTV 2/4's) to be dynamic across the instruments range and very acoustic-sounding (listen to Tony Levin's solo work, to me that's the quintessential 'stick sound), and so the laser-tight, thick djent tone you may be looking for may not be there. Send link for the copy you're interested in, it might be a more metal-orientated on the conventional Chapman stick
I hope this helps :wavey:

I was torn between a Chapman Stick or a Schecter 8, but I already decided to get the 8. Thanks anyways!

celticelk

Reaction score
Ask Colin Marsten.

Though technically that's a Warr guitar and not a Chapman stick, they're similar in principal.

They're similar insofar as they're both meant to be tapped. The designs are pretty different otherwise.