Charvel Pro Mods Are Back

• Thread starter Church2224
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Capelo

Reaction score
Love the EVH tribute ones and the HS hard tail looks awesome too. Full floating trem is a no-go for me though. There are only two guitars I ever regretted selling and one was my US Made Pro- Mod So-Cal... I wish I could get her back...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Swyse

Swyse
Reaction score
Anyone seen how much these will be in the civilized world?

jordanky

Contributor
Reaction score
IIRC around $849. I played most of them at NAMM and they were awesome. I made sure to order a white H-S just in case it doesn't sale so I can buy it haha

Knyas

Reaction score
Since I stumbled across this gallery, I thought posting it here might be a good idea.

Charvel 2013 Pro Mod Gallery | Andertons Blog

2966000511v1_hi-965x311.jpg

arcadia fades

Reaction score
they used to have direct mount pickups without pickup rings... Fail.

Dooky

Reaction score
Glad the pro mods are back. I wonder how the MIM compare to the MIJ or USA models. From the pictures and the videos on youtube they certainly look the part :)

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
Glad the pro mods are back. I wonder how the MIM compare to the MIJ or USA models. From the pictures and the videos on youtube they certainly look the part :)

I bet they'll be pretty good. Most people give good reviews to the MIM Strats, which are basically what this will be.

Every time a new Charvel line comes out, there are debates about what specs align with the originals and which newer specs should be allowed on a Charvel.

I would take one of these over a regular Strat any day.

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
Played those at NAMM. They had all the nice features like the MIJ ones people were praising, like awesome fretwork. Sooo smooth. Plus, the trems were now recessed, which I believe wasn't the case with the MIJs? Really good guitars for sure.

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
they used to have direct mount pickups without pickup rings... Fail.

The USAs had rings too, win.

shitsøn;3421033 said:
Played those at NAMM. They had all the nice features like the MIJ ones people were praising, like awesome fretwork. Sooo smooth. Plus, the trems were now recessed, which I believe wasn't the case with the MIJs? Really good guitars for sure.

A couple of the MIJ Wildcards had recessed trems, but the majority of them were top mount, and the whole USA Promod line had top mounted Floyds.

Kinda sad to see the whole line go recessed, actually.

jl-austin

Reaction score
It seems this line has been going down ever since it was launched.

However, the MIJ Charvels I played were outstanding guitars. I have never played the MIA ones. I just can't imagine paying 800 or 900 for a Mexican guitar, no matter how good it is.

guitarfreak1387

squirrel chaser
Reaction score
Am i the only one that is happy that they went recessed? besides the truss rod being at the heel that was my only gripe about my mij pro mod socal.

now im bummed that the truss rod has not changed and the pickups were changed on the socal. i really liked the TZ/Evo set that came in the older models. though i guess it is much easier to change pickups than to route out a recess for the trem.

snowblind56

Reaction score
Am i the only one that is happy that they went recessed? besides the truss rod being at the heel that was my only gripe about my mij pro mod socal.

now im bummed that the truss rod has not changed and the pickups were changed on the socal. i really liked the TZ/Evo set that came in the older models. though i guess it is much easier to change pickups than to route out a recess for the trem.

No, you're not the only one. I am also not a fan of non-recessed trems at all. Their next step needs to be the addition of rosewood fingerboards.

Shadowspecced

Reaction score
Anyone know why they had to move the production from the USA? I have one of the USA pro mods and its one of my best guitars, and my favorite by alot of standards.. For the price they were incredible, shouldnt have changed a thing imho

xxx128

-108 point(s) total
Reaction score
Does anyone have a photo of the string thru? Thanks.

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
Anyone know why they had to move the production from the USA? I have one of the USA pro mods and its one of my best guitars, and my favorite by alot of standards.. For the price they were incredible, shouldnt have changed a thing imho

Charvel hasn't made any money in ages. Fender is trying to make them profitable.

Sadly, I can see why. While I like their looks there are too many others guitars I want more... Although, I have yet to play a bad Charvel. The quality is there, but they've become more of a niche brand than ever and don't sell well.

feilong29

Reaction score
Charvel hasn't made any money in ages. Fender is trying to make them profitable.

Sadly, I can see why. While I like their looks there are too many others guitars I want more... Although, I have yet to play a bad Charvel. The quality is there, but they've become more of a niche brand than ever and don't sell well.

I totally understand; I had a hard-on for a Pro Mod So Cal and was going to buy one recently (until an Axe Fx popped up...) and then I was going to buy like, two of these bad boys, but then I realized that I could get a custom guitar made instead... granted, I still want one, and it sucks that I can't have both, but the thought of getting a custom guitar is winning at the moment lol. Had these Pro Mods still had pickguards (which I'm sure you can buy or get made), I might still go for one or two. One day!

')