Charvel San Dimas or PRS SE (with SD Alpha and Omega)

Aatif_Nu

Reaction score
Hey...

I am planning to buy a new guitar and I am torn between Charvel San Dima Pro Mod Style 2 7 HH and PRS SE Mark Holcomb 2017.

My interest is definitely in djent and metal but I play other stuff too. Jazz, a bit of fusion and a lot of thumping and slapping on guitar as well.

My points of confusion:

1.Which is more versatile? Nazgul and Sentient OR Alpha and omega (Parameters: Clarity, attack, note separation and cutting through the mix)

2. Built Quality (As I have never touched a San Dimas before, I do not know how good they are built? keeping tone wood, locking tuner, neck stability and paint job etc into consideration)

3. value for money.

Links:
http://www.prsguitars.com/index.php/electrics/se/se_mark_holcomb

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SanDim2HTCHG

Thanks, your views are highly appreciated.... Cheers

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
Holcomb

But one of those is a seven and the other is a six. That difference is pretty important.

Aatif_Nu

Reaction score
Holcomb

But one of those is a seven and the other is a six. That difference is pretty important.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I am aware but right now my concern is tone. I can wait for a few more months for another extended range one. Just want to know if Charvel is better than the Holcomb, it would save the future trouble.

Signature guitars are usually priced a bit higher than their worth, due to their celebrity attraction may be. Is it the case with Holcomb as well or is it worth every penny? (should I ditch a seven string for it?)

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I am aware but right now my concern is tone. I can wait for a few more months for another extended range one. Just want to know if Charvel is better than the Holcomb, it would save the future trouble.

Signature guitars are usually priced a bit higher than their worth, due to their celebrity attraction may be. Is it the case with Holcomb as well or is it worth every penny? (should I ditch a seven string for it?)

the holcomb is probably one of the best values available today...
maybe ever?

i'd say it's severely underpriced. Like if it came with some prs se pickups specially wound to be close to but not really the A/Os maybe it would be a little bit overpriced...

but those are A/O's along with specs you can't really get in any other PRS SE or prs core anymore.

It's good...

but a 6 string is no good if you want a seven...

Aatif_Nu

Reaction score
the holcomb is probably one of the best values available today...
maybe ever?

i'd say it's severely underpriced. Like if it came with some prs se pickups specially wound to be close to but not really the A/Os maybe it would be a little bit overpriced...

but those are A/O's along with specs you can't really get in any other PRS SE or prs core anymore.

It's good...

but a 6 string is no good if you want a seven...

Thanks. That was helpful. :metal: