Cheap comercial ring modulators

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Demiurge

Reaction score
The cheapest one I've seen is the Way Huge Ringworm for ~$130 (on the 'bay, ostensibly new) then the EHX Frequency Analyzer for ~$150. I wonder if the price is due to demand or production cost. Maybe Behringer will make one for <$39.99 that may or may not catch fire during use.

EDIT: Ninja'd on the Ringworm.

Demiurge

Reaction score
If $200 works, I'd go for the EHX Ring Thing- weirdly, beautiful ring mod sounds.

I just nabbed a used Frequency Analyzer (one of the VCR-sized reissues) for $99 on Amazon.

Hankey

Reaction score
DOD FX-13 Gonkulator Modulator. I don't think they make them anymore, but they pop ut used every now and then. I got mine used for &#8364;50,-. Mike Einziger from Icubus uses the pedal in "Glass" (and several other songs) if you wan't to know what it can sound like.

http://www.americaspedal.net/fx13/

HermeticHeretic

Reaction score
All_¥our_Bass;2740646 said:

Holy shit that's great!!

That pedal is sadly discontinued... I think it's quite rare as well.

I recommend looking into the Ring Worm and the Frequency Analyzer... the EHX Ring Thing may also be worth a look.

Demiurge

Reaction score
Got my Frequency Analyzer in the mail today. Very cool and just so much better than the crappy ring mod patches featured on most multi-fx units.

Of course, it's very easy to get a crazy, fucked-up sound out of it, but it's also fun (and surprisingly easy) to tune it to a desired key and play around with contrasting consonant and dissonant notes.

Latest posts

')