Cheapest 27" scale 7-strings in the market?

serch777

Reaction score
Hi guys, so far I've had an Ibanez RG7420 and a LTD M-307. Since both are 25.5", I haven't been impressed by the tone and tension I get from the low B string. I'd love to be able to go down to G#, G, and even F# and F. For that reason, I'm thinking of getting a baritone 7-string, but I don't wanna get an expenssive model only to find out that I dislike the playability (I have quite short fingers), and ending up selling it. That's why I'd like to try a cheap model before, to see if I like the feel of the 27" scale. What options would you guys recommend? Cheers!! :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

serch777

Reaction score
Thanks guys, but the import costs in the UK for a cheap guitar do not make it worthy. Is there any Agile European dealer?

HUGH JAYNUS

I’m a grown ass man
Reaction score
definitely Agile

Thanks guys, but the import costs in the UK for a cheap guitar do not make it worthy. Is there any Agile European dealer?

keep an eye on the marketplace here. people tend to sell them fairly often. and ive seen a few of em from the UK, so theres quite a few floating around there. maybe you can get lucky and snag one there already.

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
i dont think there are any production model 27 in scales out there right now? someone else would better know for sure, you would have to find a used Ibanez XL. thats the only guitar i know of off hand that was 27 in scale

Stangstag

Reaction score
Being completely honest, long-scale guitars are a bitch to play if you have small hands. I have small hands and I bought a schecter sls c-8, which has a 28" scale. I ended up having to buy another 7 string that has a shorter 25.5" scale because the 28 was too much. It is a bit hard to play anything from the 1st to 7th frets, as they are huge. Still love the guitar, but I felt like I needed another regular scale guitar.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Could always get a Schecter or Jackson 7-string if you want to at least try a 26.5'' scale neck.

Stangstag

Reaction score
^^^ Yeah i would go with this guy's advice. ^^^

Try a cheaper Schecter or Jackson 7 string. Most are 26.5", which should be enough for what you want to do.

Forkface

Feast on this.
Reaction score

russmuller

Cramblin'
Reaction score
You could see if Dave Johns (djohns74) will make you a conversion neck. He made a neck for my 7620 so now it has a 27" scale. It feels gewd.

User Name

Banned
Reaction score
26.5 is probably your best bet because that opens up alot more options. and that half inch really makes very little difference.

FireInside

.Buried.Breathing.
Reaction score
I know you are asking for 7's but if you consider going to a 6 or 8 there are way more options for that scale length. It is a damn shame there aren't more extended scale 7 strings available.

Labrie

King of the Swing
Reaction score
The Ibanez RGD series is 26.5". There's not much of a difference in feel between that and 27". Have you checked local stores to see if there's something in stock you could try out?

Reaction score
Being completely honest, long-scale guitars are a bitch to play if you have small hands. I have small hands and I bought a schecter sls c-8, which has a 28" scale. I ended up having to buy another 7 string that has a shorter 25.5" scale because the 28 was too much. It is a bit hard to play anything from the 1st to 7th frets, as they are huge. Still love the guitar, but I felt like I needed another regular scale guitar.

You should try a 35" scale bass. :lol: There is 6 more inches of neck to play on wtf. :ugh:

I don't even really view my 8 string as a guitar, trem picking on an 80 in F is a strange thing, but it sounds good.

skeels

..to pay the beels
Reaction score
You could see if Dave Johns (djohns74) will make you a conversion neck. He made a neck for my 7620 so now it has a 27" scale. It feels gewd.

I would suggest that.

Dave is super cool and truthfully 27" is only lengthening the board by one fret. So everything is the same, just a step lower, with the exception of playing by the nut.

Does that make sense?

enghell

Funeral Doom
Reaction score
Hi guys, so far I've had an Ibanez RG7420 and a LTD M-307. Since both are 25.5", I haven't been impressed by the tone and tension I get from the low B string. I'd love to be able to go down to G#, G, and even F# and F. For that reason, I'm thinking of getting a baritone 7-string, but I don't wanna get an expenssive model only to find out that I dislike the playability (I have quite short fingers), and ending up selling it. That's why I'd like to try a cheap model before, to see if I like the feel of the 27" scale. What options would you guys recommend? Cheers!! :D

You should definitely check out the Ibanez RGD7421, it's got a 26,5" scale. From what I've read, it is a pretty good guitar and it's pretty cheap (583€ from Thomann). I've got the RGD2127FX which is double that price, but as far as I know, quite similar and I've also got pretty short fingers, but it is really easy to play since the neck is great.

')