Check out my band's ANALOG recording (Engl, Orange, Emperor content)

• Thread starter rug
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The_Mop

Want to make $60?
Reaction score
Whooaaaa, this is fuckin' ace. Good job chaps!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

highlordmugfug

themuthaphukkindeath
Reaction score
This sounds niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. I'll have to give this a spin when I get off work today.

klinic

Reaction score
Literally broke at the moment... :/ But I'm going to find SOME way to purchase this album. This is 'what the hell' great. Wow, I wouldn't usually be a fan of this style. But this is amazing!

rug

Reaction score
You guys are all fucking fantastic people, you know that right? :)

rug

Reaction score
Literally broke at the moment... :/ But I'm going to find SOME way to purchase this album. This is 'what the hell' great. Wow, I wouldn't usually be a fan of this style. But this is amazing!

Hey man, don't feel bad about putting zeroes in there! Due to my gear and booze habit I routinely end up scraping by month to month so I totally feel you there. Type in 0.00 and enjoy, dude. :D

DeKay

Caynug
Reaction score
You guys are all fucking fantastic people, you know that right? :)

This thread deserves some more comments than only 1-2 Pages. I missed it because the title did not make me think of such an huge thing.

I love it and I got used to the vocals (they aren't bad but like meshuggah you need some time to .. accept the overrall feel?)

The guitars definitly stand out. I hear some riffs are played like in your rehearsal video on youtube. I also hear your style in Lesser Known Saint (which apparently does not exist anymore?) I think you could have more people talk about lesser known saint if the whole band thing would be nicer spread on the internet since some of the songs you guys wrote there sounded like they belonged on a good radio station or to a record label.

The bass
haves this .. creative way of saying "I am here and I play the riffs I want not the riffs the guitar dude wants" it's present and heavy, just perfect and also very creative!

The drums catch this beat and jumps that really fit this heavy setting! I like how there weren't these ultra fast drum grooves but more crushing drum beats with heavy hits. My favorite drum section would be the 3:25 section of the song Challenger Deep simply because that double or triple hit on the bassdrum.

Wish there were more vocals like on the last song, the clean vocals sound really good and set a good mood to the overall feel which is needed to make this whole thing like an experience (ups and downs)

The song Former Worlds really reminds me of lesser known saint, kind of sad to know that you won't make anymore songs with that singer I liked the emotional feel of those songs.

The thing that I disliked is that some song passages have this feeling of a monotone sound because it all went in a same line without ups and downs like in many death metal songs, I think if the vocals would be mixed there (shouts, cleans not only screams and growls) then those monotone passages (only opinion not stating any facts!) would be lightened up with ups and highs.

Overall this is great, needed to make this whole comment! Been staying in contact with Rug over PM because I always liked his/your guys work alot.

EarlyCuyler

Reaction score
I've lurked this site before, but found your thread when I Googled "Emperor 6x12".

I registered for the sole purpose of telling you guys that you fucking crush and I'll be purchasing your album for $10 because I think it's worth every penny as much as any other music I'd buy.

Seriously: awesome effort, gentlemen.

rug

Reaction score
Wow...that's pretty incredible dude! Very flattered, thank you! Speaking of worth every penny - that's what I'd consider the Emperor cabs. Soooooooooo worth it.

DeKay - Our singer improved a bunch, just in between when we recorded the preproduction, and then the album. This is his first band, and he's already looking forward to stepping up his game on our next batch of songs. The rest of us are trying to learn how to scream as well, so the addition of that and some backing clean vocals from me should help with some variation on that front. Always looking to improve! :D

MakewayforMan

The Light Eternal
Reaction score
I fucking love this. It is 180 degrees completely in the other direction of what so many people are doing right now and I think it's fucking awesome.

Adversor

El Borracho X
Reaction score
Blasting this through my headphones. Love the sound! Keep up the good work.

rug

Reaction score
Thanks dudes!!!

Out of curiosity, do you guys happen to know any blogs/sites that do reviews of this kind of music? I've found a few places but I'd be grateful if anyone had any leads that I might have missed!

callankirk

Reaction score
I read this yesterday, went to the site, and I have literally been listening to it NON. FRIGGIN. STOP. I immediately played it for my roommates when I went home. I posted the link on Twitter because I want more people to appreciate good music. This shit is amazing. Just absolutely amazing. Tones (UNREAL), dynamics, structures, riffs, vocals, everything. More bands need to make music like this. Like MakewayforMan said, this is 180 degrees from what everyone else is doing and it is SICK!!! Keep it up. You've got yourself a new fan!

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Well, this was fucking unexpected. :metal:

I've only had time to check out the first track and a half, but I'll definitely be back.

Mason Vickers

Reaction score
I shared this on every social network possible. :lol::hbang:

Incredible stuff. I'm a MASSIVE Isis fan, and I like this seriously just as much.
Composition, production, lyrics... everything seems perfect to me, to a T.

Amazing job, guys.

rug

Reaction score
Man...I'm really pleased that you guys all seem to like it. Goddamn. :D

Callankirk - Pittsburg, huh? We will almost certainly be coming there next year if we go on our 7-10 day East Coast thing. Our singer Tom befriended the dudes in Dethlehem when he was a roadie for Iron Thones when they went on tour with Hero Destroyed a couple years back. We actually played with Dethlehem about a month ago when they came through and had a good time with those guys, so it's a near certainty that we'll be there if we're able to do the "tour". :D

')