Check out my band's new stuff

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

revclay

Reaction score
To start, I like the Conjugate more so than Apparition in the Algorithm. I dig the arpeggiated part at 1:35 on The Conjugate. What is that, a bass? Whatever it is, it sounds cool

To be honest, though, I'm not too crazy about the vocals on Apparition in the Algorithm. They sound better and more fitting on The Conjugate. Does your vocalist happen to be a fan of Mike Patton? It seems like that may be the vibe he is kind of going for, but I am not sure how effective it is.

As far as the mix is concerned, it's tough to judge since it's on MySpace. But based on that, it sounds like you could bring up the kick a bit in both songs. The cleans also overpower the distorted guitars on Apparition in the Algorithm.

You guys have a unique sound. Keep on keepin' on.

JoryGriffin

Reaction score
haha funny you should mention that. He cited his reference for the new song as Mike Patton on the DEP stuff. So yeah I guess he is.

Oh and the arpeggio is just a guitar, finger tapping, but with a sock stuffed under the strings to give the muted sound ;)

Thanks for the feedback, original is the biggest compliment I could get I think :metal:

')