Check out my mix

• Thread starter xlabambax
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rekab

Reaction score
Sounds like it has potential. It's a bit noisy/distorted and sounds like dead strings though. Do you have old strings on the guitar? If so swap them out and rerecord. Kind of has an ultraspank sound to it. Work on cleaning up the sound and it seems like it could be pretty awesome.

xlabambax

Reaction score
I think my strings are to loose and I need a thicker gauge of strings. And if that is not it, i am not sure how will I make it sound cleaner.. Ill try tweaking it some more in the mix. thanks for the feedback

Iheartmidgetbooty

Recording Studio Idiot
Reaction score
The tone sounds a bit dry. Take some treble out and swap it with some higher mid and throw some low-end on it. Thats what I noticed about the mix...the low-end sounded nonexistent. Also, the bass drop is a bit extreme, turn that monster down a notch, lmao. What I do like about it is the execution. Sounds very neat, clean and well organized. Keep at it , my friend, its good work you're doin'. :)

rekab

Reaction score
The tone sounds a bit dry. Take some treble out and swap it with some higher mid and throw some low-end on it. Thats what I noticed about the mix...the low-end sounded nonexistent. Also, the bass drop is a bit extreme, turn that monster down a notch, lmao. What I do like about it is the execution. Sounds very neat, clean and well organized. Keep at it , my friend, its good work you're doin'. :)

I think this ^^ says better what I meant. The tone is not there (sounds super dry like dead strings do) and the high levels make it noisy. This sounds more like a recording issue not a clean playing/loose string issue. I don't know how to fix it but can say that something along the line loses the guitars tone and adds in noise to the mix, which may be two different issues all together. Try recording a guitar only track a few different ways till you get it sounding the way you'd like, then when adding drum/samples/bass/etc don't boost all the levels crazy high because it just distorts. This is what it sounds like may be happening, but again I'm no expert by any means.

')