Check out my progressive metal band's new song

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new here, but basically my band just released a new song and I wanted to share it. If you like progressive/technical metal in the vein of Veil of Maya, Born of Osiris, After the Burial, The Faceless, etc... then check it out, and if you like it, I'd really appreciate it if you'd go like us on facebook. My band is called It Screamed Demise, and the song's off our 14 track debut album titled "Entropy" which should be finished sometime in the next month. You can check out the song here:

ItScreamed Demise's sounds on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

Thanks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KingAenarion

Resident Studio Nerd
Reaction score
Herp Derp first post of Forum is "check out my band"...

9 things bands do that waste time « Live Unsigned Blog

...read the second point. Most people aren't going to care or even open this thread because not only is 1/10 threads "Check out my progressive metal Band" but also because they don't know you, and hence don't care. You're just more band spam.

Also, I agree with the above. The playing is really loose and there are parts where you can clearly hear two separate people playing not quite together. How did you record it all?

Reaction score
Lol thanks for the kind words...

Idk, I can kinda hear how some parts could be considered not super tight but as a whole I think it's fairly tight, I however definitely can't clearly hear two seperate guitars with the exception of when the other guitarist and I are playing two different riffs or harmonizing. I know its not perfect, but I think you guys are being a little harsh for a self-produced local band. Guitars and bass were recorded with my Axe-Fx Standard through cubase. As far as editing/mixing/mastering the other guitarist does all that so i'm not sure what software he uses.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
Boys around these parts can be brutal. Ha. I'll check it out when I am outta the office tonight!

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
its like a really boring uncatchy, circle of contempt,

talking is not singing........

Reaction score
its like a really boring uncatchy, circle of contempt,

talking is not singing........

lol its not meant to be singing...

its interesting that you say that though, circle of contempt isn't a big influence on my writing, Veil of Maya's probably my biggest influence.

Ancestor

Contributor
Reaction score
i like it. :) sometimes i like to hear the two guitars, too. then i can tell it isn't a harmonizer or software. you can slide those in protools, if they don't seem close enough. idk... i guess they could stand to synch a bit more in spots.

all in all pretty good i'd say.

Reaction score
i like it. :) sometimes i like to hear the two guitars, too. then i can tell it isn't a harmonizer or software. you can slide those in protools, if they don't seem close enough. idk... i guess they could stand to synch a bit more in spots.

all in all pretty good i'd say.

Thanks man! It's nice to get a positive response lol it means a lot. This isn't the final mix, and we'll definitely go back and do some editing to make sure everything is spot on. I know it's not perfect, I just wanted some opinions, but apparently no one but you can overlook that! Haha anyways, thanks again dude, I appreciate the feedback!

GalacticDeath

Reaction score
Timing is a bit off at parts I think. Other than that I really like the material. You guys have some really cool ideas goin. Keep it up!

Reaction score
Timing is a bit off at parts I think. Other than that I really like the material. You guys have some really cool ideas goin. Keep it up!

Thanks man I really appreciate it! I hear a couple of off parts too so i'll get on that. If you like what you hear it would mean a lot if you would like us on fb at the link i posted above!

Latest posts

')