Check out the most amazing ERG on earth!

• Thread starter 7stranguitfidle
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

7stranguitfidle

Dylon, Dylon, Dylon.
Reaction score
once i build it! haha sorry guys i had to draw you in somehow!:cool: I NEED your help! i have build a standard before and it turned out well but now i want to build a 7 or 8 strign fanned fretboard with acceptional playability. the shape of the guitar is going to be similar to a PRS but i NEED help with the specs.. so i guess what im asking is what kind of specs would you guys go for if money was not an option and you wanted to build a ERG that plays as if you just brought it home from guitar center? also where would the even fret be depending on the specs you suggest.. thanks guys!:hbang:

bumpity bump bump!

bump bump

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dgf

derp
Reaction score
By "even fret" do you mean the 12th fret? If so, there are calculators online for that.. just look for scale length / fret spacing calculators. I think most of this is going to depend on your tastes, by the way - maybe tell us what kind of sound you're going for?

7stranguitfidle

Dylon, Dylon, Dylon.
Reaction score
by even fret i meant the only parellel fret on a fanned fretboard.. sry i wasnt clear buddy.. and as far as sound i want to be able and pull off metal, jazz, clean, as well as a fat bluesy tone.. i know this doesnt answer your question very well but i want it to be a great playing and versitle ERG.. i was thinking a 27" or 27.5" scale so along the lines of that.. any suggestions? and thanks for the reply :hbang:

troyguitar

Reaction score
8-string AEADGCEA 23"-27" fan with perpendicular fret around 9th. Something like a carbon reinforced purpleheart neck with no truss rod through a chambered figured shedua body. Ziricote fretboard with 22 tall skinny stainless frets scalloped after fret 5. Coolguy custom medium-output slanted HSH pickup configuration with coil splits. Some ridiculous headless locking tremelo system needs to be on there too a la a weird Steinberger variant.

Latest posts

')