Check out these brutal 7 stringers from my area

Slayer89

The Demon Barber
Reaction score
MySpace.com - Return From Exile (NEW SONG UP NOW!) - Modesto, California - Metal / Death Metal / 2-step - www.myspace.com/returnfromexile

Kinda deathcore-ish with a lot of other elements thrown in. I normally can't anything deathcore related except a couple bands, but I'm really liking their stuff the more I listen. No pig squeals, yay!

It may not be anything groundbreaking or revolutionary, but these guys seem to have some pretty sick material. The first song on the player is the latest they put up and so far my favorite. Plus, they're rocking seven strings and doing more than simple chugs and predictable sweeps, which is more than I can say for most bands in my area.

Anyway, I just found out about them not too long ago and figured at least some people here might dig them.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JesseTheMachine

Reaction score
Those Return from Exile guys can shred! I usually hate anything "core" related at all, but these guys kind of do their own thing, I like that.

The solo at the very end of the first track is my favourite part, very well inflected.

Slayer89

The Demon Barber
Reaction score
Those Return from Exile guys can shred! I usually hate anything "core" related at all, but these guys kind of do their own thing, I like that.

Yeah, that was pretty much my initial reaction. I mean, I dig some straight up metalcore (Shadows Fall, All That Remains, etc) but normally any word aside from just metal that has the word core added is a turn off to me (deathcore, mallcore, emoXcore, whatever). These guys, I really dig.

BTW, the recording is all 5150. Gives me a new goal with mine, haha.

The voice is a bit screamo, but the rest is really powerfull.

Listen to this guys

MySpace.com - AFTER THE BURIAL (IN THE SU-SUSSUDIO) - Twin Cities, Minnesota - Metal / Hardcore / Progressive - www.myspace.com/aftertheburial

I really enjoyed their cd :metal: Try to get it

I remember listening to them not too long ago, but they didn't seem to be my thing. I'm giving them another listen, and it ain't bad. Too early in listening to give a fair judgment, though.

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
dude that's funny, when the first song started up i was like "eugh, that tone sounds horrible, they sound so amateur!" then it was like BOOM the track kicked in and sounded amazing, very good, nice stuffs :yesway: