Check out this Ran

• Thread starter Kagami
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yesh...I do love it :wub: but the opposite end's triangle thing makes me go wtf, lol.

XEN

BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm ok with the logo on the fretboard but it is a little redundant, hence, tacky to have it repeated on the body. Otherwise, I'm with Chris, the neck join looks sweet, also the paint job looks really clean.

Ciprian

Reaction score
That looks fuckin' awesome! The guys at Ran make some killer guitars! (though it would've been an even nicer guitar without the skull on the body and with a no-inlay&no-dots fretboard)

jtm45

Reaction score
Yeah,i'm not ususally overly keen on the Rans i've seen but that is definitely the nicest so far.
Ditto on the Punisher motif though,and it needs an extra string and a Lo-Pro.
I think it's a pretty standard neck-through design but the way he's painted it makes it look very cool and different.
I actually quite dig that arrow bit on the headstock paint.Reminds me of the old hockey-stick headstock EVH Kramers.They had a kinda' stripped neck thing going on with that shape left on the rear of the headstock.

Blank ebony board would work a treat on that guitar.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Just curious, but do the guys on the ESP board frown upon people using the body and headstock from ESP guitars for their own custom line? That guitar looks fantastic, just wondering if they get upset about stuff like that at all? :scratch: I like the inlay but agree that the painted skull on the body is overkill.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
Just curious, but do the guys on the ESP board frown upon people using the body and headstock from ESP guitars for their own custom line?

Probably not as much as the Jackson guys hate ESP for all their blatant rip-offs over the years.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Wow, that thread goes completely to shit a few pages in.
Yeah that's why I've never posted in it.

Probably not as much as the Jackson guys hate ESP for all their blatant rip-offs over the years.
:lol: Except nobody even makes anything which looks remotely like Randy's original guitar, yet Jackson pimps the "RR" as that :lol: Kind of like the Dean stuff imo, sleazy at best.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Hmm. Should we get pissed since it's Ran ripping off ESP ripping off Jackson? Or should that dilute the amount of pissed?

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
:lol: Except nobody even makes anything which looks remotely like Randy's original guitar, yet Jackson pimps the "RR" as that :lol: Kind of like the Dean stuff imo, sleazy at best.

You mean like the Limited Edition Rhoads, known as the LTD Rhoads?

RR2813.jpg

jack-rhoads-ltd083.jpg

RRLTD168.jpg

Half of them had the original style brass trem, and the other half had the OFR. One of them had chrome hardware. I want to say there were 300 in all.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah that's why I've never posted in it.

The RR, as it exists right now, was to be the production model before Randy was killed, so it's completely legit - it's what he wanted, nothing "sleazy" about it.

As Dave said, Jackson made a limited-edition run of the originals. They're worth a small fortune, especially the ones with a standard trem.

')