Check out this video clip......

• Thread starter SHREDDER
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Probably one of the more interesting versions of that i've heard done shred style

a_daft_punk

Reaction score
Mmmmm, Catchy :D

That's cool dude, I like it. Nice playing.

Joe

Laren

Symphonic Black Metal!
Reaction score
he's a machine

what's that song called? i can't remember.

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
Fucking A!!! His sweeps at 1:40 kill, and the shift to harmonic minor at roughly 4:00 are amazing. Great re-working of Pachebel's Canon!

Being a former viola player, this was one of the first pieces I ever tried to play on guitar. I never went very far with it, though. This guy in this video takes it to a whole other level.

Great find, dude! It's amazing how the best guitarists coming out today all have videos from in their apartment, not from some grand stage.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
That was amazing. I've always been a fan of the original Pachelbel Canon and to hear such an awesome shred version. :hbang: The palmmutes, pinch harmonics, and great tone really hit me hard. That kid rocks.

Kane

Dark Scribe
Reaction score
I didn't expect that kid to play like he did. He likes him some kickin' ass.

Matt

Some random dude
Reaction score
Awesome technique. It's funny that his version really sounded like a cross between neclassical shred and emo.

Ken

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Wow. that was cool. Actually was fun to listen to. It occured to me at the end how he was able to do it, though. He obviously hasn't had a shower or haircut in months. :cool:

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
Does he even own a guitar strap?

My point being: yeah, it's impressive and he's clearly very talented (and has a lot of years ahead of him to improve even more) but he seems to me to be your standard bedroom shredder (he is in his bedroom afterall). I mean, there's lots of talented people out there who have had it drilled into their heads that they need "realistic" goals and need to get "real" jobs and give up all that music nonsense. And then you get people like this guy who are really really good and could do amazing things given the opportunity and support, but probably just do it because they can't bring themselves to give it up, even if they've given up the idea of actually doing anything with it. Then they end up in a job they hate for 30 years before finally realizing what they really want to do, and start recording at home in their spare time.

Musicians just aren't encouraged or nurtured anymore, and it sucks.

fatherbrennan

7 string samaurai
Reaction score
Something about that video just doesnt jive with me, it looked real, but sounded like someone immitating a CD. I cant put my finger on it, there were no room acoustics to the guitar, it sounded like it was part of the CD track to me and not someone sitting on a bed. It just didnt sit right. Also lots of sound effects (specificly guitar harmonies) that would be impossible without a pedal, yet no movement of either leg that I could see during those parts to indicate he was on a pedal. Hmmmm... eh Im probly full of it. If its real, great playing! and I wish I could ask him how he got studio sound sitting on his bed. Im sure Francesco Fareri would like to know too since his videos are also in a bedroom setting with tons of expensive looking effects but sound quality not nearly as good as this guy.

fatherbrennan

7 string samaurai
Reaction score
By the way Eleven59 I couldnt agree more. I know Im better at guitar than just about anything practical, which isnt saying much maybe ;) But my parents discouraged guitar every chance they had and pushed me to do psychology. As little as I have made from playing music, its infinitly more than any psychology degree ever got me.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
fatherbrennan said:
Something about that video just doesnt jive with me, it looked real, but sounded like someone immitating a CD. I cant put my finger on it, there were no room acoustics to the guitar, it sounded like it was part of the CD track to me and not someone sitting on a bed. It just didnt sit right. Also lots of sound effects (specificly guitar harmonies) that would be impossible without a pedal, yet no movement of either leg that I could see during those parts to indicate he was on a pedal. Hmmmm... eh Im probly full of it. If its real, great playing! and I wish I could ask him how he got studio sound sitting on his bed. Im sure Francesco Fareri would like to know too since his videos are also in a bedroom setting with tons of expensive looking effects but sound quality not nearly as good as this guy.

he's playing over a backing track.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
At least he's putting a little emotion to his playing. Maybe it's me but I thought the kid did a good job. :yesway:

Latest posts

')