Check out this video clip......

• Thread starter SHREDDER
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

fatherbrennan

7 string samaurai
Reaction score
HateBreeder said:
he's playing over a backing track.

Oh yeah I know, but the guitar itself sounded like it was a track as well, just didnt sound like he was playing that to me. But like I said, hard to tell.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kane

Dark Scribe
Reaction score
I don't know why he'd go through all the trouble to learn the song if he wasn't really gonna play it. =)

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
fatherbrennan said:
Something about that video just doesnt jive with me, it looked real, but sounded like someone immitating a CD. I cant put my finger on it, there were no room acoustics to the guitar, it sounded like it was part of the CD track to me and not someone sitting on a bed. It just didnt sit right. Also lots of sound effects (specificly guitar harmonies) that would be impossible without a pedal, yet no movement of either leg that I could see during those parts to indicate he was on a pedal. Hmmmm... eh Im probly full of it. If its real, great playing! and I wish I could ask him how he got studio sound sitting on his bed. Im sure Francesco Fareri would like to know too since his videos are also in a bedroom setting with tons of expensive looking effects but sound quality not nearly as good as this guy.

You know, I got that vibe too, but I can't puit my finger on just why. I'll give it another listen later on and see if I can figure out what made me think that.

Digital Black

Reaction score
Looks like he knows what he doing, but it doens't sound like he played it right then.
Maybe he recorded it then just played along for the video and synced the two up.

Whose version of Cannon is that?? I really want to know..

fatherbrennan

7 string samaurai
Reaction score
People do things for strange reasons, Im going with fake on this one until proven otherwise, its just not sitting right with me at all. Why would someone go through the trouble? I dont know, but people do lots of crazy things for the hell of it. Reference Ralph Machio in Crossroads to see a nonguitar player immitate awesome riffs convincingly. Also check out Francescos videos to hear what a recording from a "bedroom" sounds like. Of course I could be totally wrong, but I call them as I see them, and that video just isnt right.

Sentient

Metal Dog
Contributor
Reaction score
fatherbrennan said:
People do things for strange reasons, Im going with fake on this one until proven otherwise, its just not sitting right with me at all. Why would someone go through the trouble? I dont know, but people do lots of crazy things for the hell of it. Reference Ralph Machio in Crossroads to see a nonguitar player immitate awesome riffs convincingly. Also check out Francescos videos to hear what a recording from a "bedroom" sounds like. Of course I could be totally wrong, but I call them as I see them, and that video just isnt right.
Just watched it again, and I just gotta disagree. As far as the room sound goes, I don't think any of that is applicable because I think all of the audio (his live guitar playing along with the backing track) is being recorded digitally through a mixer while he films the video of himself simultaneously with the audio from the mixer. (I used to be able to do this long ago with an old camcorder I had).

There was a mention earlier about sound effects and the lack of a visible pedal... Not sure we're talking about the same thing, but if it's those volume swells at the beginning, the fella is just doing those beautifully with his right pinky curled around the volume knob.

Not only is this guy really playing this piece, but he's playing the hell out of it. I deem Jerry C to be true. :metal:

(His website w/more videos here )

Burke

fatherbrennan

7 string samaurai
Reaction score
Sentient said:
Just watched it again, and I just gotta disagree. As far as the room sound goes, I don't think any of that is applicable because I think all of the audio (his live guitar playing along with the backing track) is being recorded digitally through a mixer while he films the video of himself simultaneously with the audio from the mixer. (I used to be able to do this long ago with an old camcorder I had).

There was a mention earlier about sound effects and the lack of a visible pedal... Not sure we're talking about the same thing, but if it's those volume swells at the beginning, the fella is just doing those beautifully with his right pinky curled around the volume knob.

Not only is this guy really playing this piece, but he's playing the hell out of it. I deem Jerry C to be true. :metal:

(His website w/more videos here )

Burke

Fair enough, though I wasnt referring to the volume swells as much as the two guitar harmonies that are impossible without a pedal. But nevertheless, if the has a pedal and is good at hiding it, and he is going all digital direct, then yeah, its definitly possible. Ive just seen so much fake crap on the internet that is beautifully done that Im eternally skeptical now. Not to mention that a guitar player of that caliber going through all the trouble to learn that stuff just to play it on his bed is bizarre.

SHREDDER

ShredAholic
Reaction score
I guess the first vid I postedand these arent the same guy......I thought they were.......By bad.....DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wallbash:

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
eleven59 said:
I mean, there's lots of talented people out there who have had it drilled into their heads that they need "realistic" goals and need to get "real" jobs and give up all that music nonsense. And then you get people like this guy who are really really good and could do amazing things given the opportunity and support, but probably just do it because they can't bring themselves to give it up, even if they've given up the idea of actually doing anything with it. Then they end up in a job they hate for 30 years before finally realizing what they really want to do, and start recording at home in their spare time.

Yep, that pretty much sounds like my future. :lol:

Musicians just aren't encouraged or nurtured anymore, and it sucks.

+1 :agreed:

Latest posts

')