Check this out. Just opened guitar that arrived in post.

• Thread starter IbanezDaemon
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
Bloody hell! Must have taken a pretty big knock in transit:

edge pro1.jpg

edge pro2.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Knocked the ribbon off the pickup too lol.

All in all probably lucky if no physical (permanent damage).

hamster

Reaction score
If I were you, I would remove the trem and check the condition of the studs holes : if there is no crack in the wood around the studs holes, I think that you should be fine.

Also, you will perhaps have to file a little bit the knives, but that's an easy procedure (use masking tape to protect the Edge pro's finish).

EDIT : I should have said "you will perhaps have to use a file in order to sharpen a little bit the knives", I mean no harm to your trem knives :lol:

Last edited:

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
If I were you, I would remove the trem and check the condition of the studs holes : if there is no crack in the wood around the studs holes, I think that you should be fine.

Also, you will perhaps have to file a little bit the knives, but that's an easy procedure (use masking tape to protect the Edge pro's finish).

EDIT : I should have said "you will perhaps have to use a file in order to sharpen a little bit the knives", I mean no harm to your trem knives :lol:

Thanks. Yeah I pulled the whole unit out and thankfully no damage done.

_MonSTeR_

Reaction score
Is the bridge pickup ok? It looks like that took a knock too?

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
I'm glad there was no real damage.

That finish looks beautiful from what we can see in the pics.

Cheers man. Yeah was a real heart in mouth moment when opening the case. It has a cool
finish....pretty hard to come by these models. I'll do an NGD thread soon.

77zark77

Reaction score
I'd prefer to see pics of that lovely flamed top ! that bridge pop doesn't seem to be a big issue - glad it hasn't damaged anything
Are you in a buying rage atm ? :flex:

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
@Samark I'm def cooling off for a bit now and just gonna wait on my customs.....I think ;-)

@Edika: I don't think they were slackened off as the G,B,E strings weren't. No harm done in the end though it was
a pretty alarming few seconds on opening the case.

@77zark77 I'll get an NGD done on this when I have it all cleaned up. Guitar arrived in a filthy state, strings are rusted
and it needs a fret polish and pickup adjustment. I'm gonna get that all done asap. Trying not to buy any more gear now
though it's difficult with this lockdown going on...lots of spare time to surf Ebay, Reverb etc.

')