Chelsea Grin guitar and bass rig (Axe FX + more!)

• Thread starter Varkatzas
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Varkatzas

Reaction score
2llg55f.jpg

2lnbzpd.jpg

2dj6k1v.jpg

34ih74n.jpg

2le0axy.jpg

Any questions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TasmanSam

Reaction score
That is pretty cool

I do have one question though: are the heads just being run as power amps for the fractals?

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
well there go my pants...holy shit :ugh:

I aspire to have such an epig rig one day lol

mike0

Reaction score
i find that a complete slap to the face of the 6505's preamp :lol: but those are some totally awesome rigs you guys are running nonetheless. i'm super jealous. there's almost too much balls for me to handle, i damn near fainted.

Varkatzas

Reaction score
Cheers :yesway:

Do you think you guys will switch to dedicated power amps in the future? or is it advantageous to use the heads?

We waited for Fryette to build us a 2/90/2 for about 5 months, but they never got all the parts in so we decided to continue to use our heads to power them.

Honestly, we love the tone we get doing it like this, and we are afraid of getting a power amp that just wouldn't sound as good. I would love to get a good ENGL power amp or something so we can have our entire band in just a rack, but in this case if for some reason any of our Axe Fx shit out (and they have), we can quiickly switch to just using our amps and bypass the Axe Fx altogether.

Varkatzas

Reaction score
i find that a complete slap to the face of the 6505's preamp :lol: but those are some totally awesome rigs you guys are running nonetheless. i'm super jealous. there's almost too much balls for me to handle, i damn near fainted.

the 6505 preamp is definitely a step down from the Axe Fx, so we will let our 6505's preamp take a little rest until one day (god forbid) our Axe FX stops working.

TasmanSam

Reaction score
We waited for Fryette to build us a 2/90/2 for about 5 months, but they never got all the parts in so we decided to continue to use our heads to power them.

Honestly, we love the tone we get doing it like this, and we are afraid of getting a power amp that just wouldn't sound as good. I would love to get a good ENGL power amp or something so we can have our entire band in just a rack, but in this case if for some reason any of our Axe Fx shit out (and they have), we can quiickly switch to just using our amps and bypass the Axe Fx altogether.

That's a brilliant idea, good stuff.

DMAallday

Reaction score
that looks SICK!!! can you tell me what gauge strings the three of you dudes use!? :)

otisct20

Reaction score
Saw you guys in Fort Wayne just a week or two ago. And I drooled and then stared at your rig for a good ten minutes lol. Great Show btw!

loktide

dotlike
Contributor
Reaction score
cool :yesway:

based on my experience with an AxeFX standard and a VHT 2502, as well as running it into my VH4's poweramp, i'd definitely recommend using a head.

also, why did you have to wait 5 months for the fryette 2902s? they are usually on stock on a lot of places

')